Virginia WBB head coach Tina Thompson has been fired | The Boneyard

Virginia WBB head coach Tina Thompson has been fired

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reiss as head coach, bring back Wendy Palmer to coach the posts.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I just want to put all of you on notice that each of you is now on my “least liked” list! As a Univ of Rhode Island grad, I don’t want to lose her. Our WCBB has ALWAYS been brutal and we FINALLY have someone who cares, made the community care and we can see a trend upward and now all you guys are promoting her leaving…not nice!
:oops:

Note- I am not saying your logic is flawed or wrong, just upset to lose her….and hoping if we don’t talk about it, it goes away…

Reaction Score
I just want to put all of you on notice that each of you is now on my “least liked” list! As a Univ of Rhode Island grad, I don’t want to lose her. Our WCBB has ALWAYS been brutal and we FINALLY have someone who cares, made the community care and we can see a trend upward and now all you guys are promoting her leaving…not nice!

Note- I am not saying your logic is flawed or wrong, just upset to lose her….and hoping if we don’t talk about it, it goes away…
Rhode Island is a good basketball team. Congrats on a terrific year! I’m pulling for you that she stays with you!

Reaction Score
Wow. Four years? But that is the nature of the coaching business. I wish Coach Thompson all the best with her future & future coaching plans, if she wants to stay in the coaching profession.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Do you think she should've been given more time? She did nothing in those 4 years to suggest any kind of improvement was taking place. One more year would've just been more of the same IMO.
I also think Tina’s actions on how she led the team (or didn’t lead the team!) contributed as much as the W/L record and a complete lack of recruiting. The AD is a former player so I am sure she was VERY intimately involved on the day to day. It was time to move on…to Dayton’s coach…

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Tammi back. She was a feisty player, really good in her own right despite being overshadowed by Dawn. And she has a good track record. Let's see her right the ship at UVA and get an annual game against her former backcourt-mate.

Reaction Score
Yes Reiss.

Though they should make a run at favorite daughter Dawn. :D
My understanding is that UVA came pretty close to getting Dawn when Boyle left. Then SC made an offer she couldn’t refuse… essentially a contract for life (or as long as she wanted it).

Reaction Score

I know you don’t want to talk about this, but do you think she could recruit effectively at a power 5 school with tough academic standards?

Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine Staley leaving for anywhere, given what she's built up at SC. Although before it happened, I never would've believed Mulkey would leave Baylor for LSU.
I’m not sure that Dawn has a particularly good relationship with UVA. No details, but just a sense.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I’m not sure that Dawn has a particularly good relationship with UVA. No details, but just a sense.
Was she considered when Debbie Ryan retired? If not, I bet she might not have a good relationship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine Staley leaving for anywhere, given what she's built up at SC. Although before it happened, I never would've believed Mulkey would leave Baylor for LSU.

Yeah, but LSU has that SEC money.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

all I can say is URI better open the deep vault or start a Gofundme to keep Tammi where she is.

Reaction Score
I doubt Staley would leave now. One of the main draws initially in getting her to SC was that her parents are originally from there and she’s since moved them back.
Boo-Yow! You beat me to it. Dawn is basically back home even though she is a Philly girl. I don’t see her leaving SC, either.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would you consider Virginia an upgrade over Marquette? If so, I would hire Megan Duffy. She's done a great job at Marquette. Moving on to Virginia she would be able to get better players. Now if I'm Megan, I'm not sure Virginia is enough of a high profile job. Might be better to stay at Marquette until she gets a better offer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom