Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewart needs to play better this year. Period.

The comparison to Taysum Hill was made. I don't know what poor man's thing means, but Hill put up 300+ yards passing, 3 TDs, and 100 yards rushing and 2 TD's against us.

We better be able to defend a QB better than we did against BYU.
Daily Campus Sports ‏@dcsportsdept 7m7 minutes ago
Diaco said Nova QB John Robertson reminds him of BYU quarterback Taysom Hill #UConn

Reaction Score
Great!! Hill single-handedly won that game...

300 yds passing. 3 TD's passing. 100 yards rushing, 2 TD's rushin. Might have been a good idea to make a defender in the defensive set dedicated to spy the QB when building the game plan. Let's hope that the Villanova QB has been incorporated into this year's opening day defensive game plan.

Reaction Score
300 yds passing. 3 TD's passing. 100 yards rushing, 2 TD's rushin. Might have been a good idea to make a defender in the defensive set dedicated to spy the QB when building the game plan.

Do you game plan for pre-season games?

Reaction Score
Do you game plan for pre-season games?

Let's try to keep as positive as possible. We got destroyed to the tune of 5 TD's and close to 500 yards combined passing and rushing or something by a good QB to open last season. Let's learn from that and not repeat it.

Reaction Score
300 yds passing. 3 TD's passing. 100 yards rushing, 2 TD's rushin. Might have been a good idea to make a defender in the defensive set dedicated to spy the QB when building the game plan. Let's hope that the Villanova QB has been incorporated into this year's opening day defensive game plan.

I agree with your position Carl, but we have to assume D knew how much of a stud this kid was going into the game because we certainly talked about it here that's for sure! He was a "man among boys" in that game! Maybe we just didn't have the talent or ability to focus specifically of his duel threat capabilities.... Who knows?

Reaction Score
I found it pretty fascinating that their coach is envious of our FBS status and state support despite our conference affiliation and declining revenues, etc. The grass is always greener and someone is always jealous of you I guess.

Reaction Score
I found it pretty fascinating that their coach is envious of our FBS status and state support despite our conference affiliation and declining revenues, etc. The grass is always greener and someone is always jealous of you I guess.
I am pretty sure all of our old 1-AA conference mates are jealous.

Reaction Score
I agree with your position Carl, but we have to assume D knew how much of a stud this kid was going into the game because we certainly talked about it here that's for sure! He was a "man among boys" in that game! Maybe we just didn't have the talent or ability to focus specifically of his duel threat capabilities.... Who knows?

Correct, I wasn't in any of the meeting rooms and I don't have direct knowledge of the BYU defensive game plan. Here's the thing though, I was at the game, and from our vantage my friends and I agreed that if we did have the idea that somebody should be spying the QB incorporated into the game plan, they weren't doing a good job of going about getting it done, that's for damn sure.

It's all in the past now anyway. It's very clear that Diaco approached last season as a transition season, and my hindsight 20/20 tells me that the loss of Casey Cochran in game 1, quickly turned it into a complete tear down and rebuild.

Let's just go out and kick the crap out of Villanova. Can we? It bothers me that this game makes me so nervous.

Reaction Score
Well, I suppose there is a silver lining, that we have an opponent that recognizes us publicly as noteworthy as an FBS opponent.

Multiple facepalms and hand wringing. I hope we start climbing again. The fall of the past 4 seasons has really sucked balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom