Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I may have that wrong. But we are shooting 72.8% from the line this year. That is blatantly true. I really really really hope that does not come back to bite us in a nail biter during the tournament. Villanova shot almost 83% tonight. That’s more along the lines of what the 2022-2023 UConn team brought.
We shot 76% last year, not 80%+

Reaction Score
Cam's shot was off and he got burned badly a few times on defense but man for a guy who physically has trouble staying in front of people he makes a lot of big tough plays on defense. Whenever people in the chat start ragging on his defense he comes up with a big steal, he draws the offensive foul or he makes a play he has no business making helping out on a big man. He's such a good and tough player.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Referees save our bacon. I don't care how obvious those last offensive fouls were, they don't often get called in those spots.

Huge game from Newton picking up the offense. Only one to have a plus offensive game tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We are shooting about 3% worse from the line this year. There’s not much to complain about with a team ranked first that’s on a very nice winning streak. But I don’t envision blowing people out in the tournament the way we did last year. It’s my opinion. You can disagree with it. The numbers are what they are.
Nobody is disagreeing with the season stuff. It’s all about what you said about tonight. There were no missed front ends. That’s what everyone pointed out.

Reaction Score
He probably averages 6 points playing half as many minutes per game. Yes he can block shots. I just think it was too many minutes and he brain farted at bad times. I don't understand him playing twice his usual minutes in only his 2nd game back.
So you’re going to die on the “I’d prefer the center with 2 rebounds who required help every time their big touched the ball” hill. Got it.

Reaction Score
Well Newton came to play. Pretty much that and great D. Our offense was not good. Castle needs to learn to go to the basket more and drive and dish like he did that one time with Samson. It was a big road game and not pretty but i will take it. We played great D on Dixon which was key. We look a lot better with Clingan out there than Samson and it is even close. Was worried about Clingan at the end of the first half when they kept him in. He looked like he was going to collapse.

Reaction Score
Just win baby. Glad we hit some clutch FTs, Kling Kong got some conditioning in and TNew was BIIIIIGGGGGG

Reaction Score
If it wasn't clear before it is now, you have no idea what you're watching. The end of the 1st half foul was intentional and literally came straight from the coaches in the timeout. They had a foul to give and Clingan used it

But he Justin Moore blew by him on a switch!

Reaction Score
He went 3/4 in 24 minutes in his second game back while being pretty dominant defensively. Whatever you expect from him, it’s unrealistic.
He probably averages twice as many points playing fewer minutes per game. Yes he can block shots. I just think it was too many minutes and he brain farted at bad times. I don't understand him playing so many minutes in only his 2nd game back.

Reaction Score
Villanova is good. Neptune is much more poised and impressive on the sidelines than he was last year. Villanova may actually do some damage this season.
They run their isolations back-down offense with good success until they turned to see Clingan.

Reaction Score
I may have that wrong. But we are shooting 72.8% from the line this year. That is blatantly true. I really really really hope that does not come back to bite us in a nail biter during the tournament. Villanova shot almost 83% tonight. That’s more along the lines of what the 2022-2023 UConn team brought.
The 2003-04 championship team shot 62% from the line

Reaction Score
He let a couple guys waltz right past him for easy buckets and committed some bad fouls. Did you see the end of the first half? And why is he fouling a 3 point shooter, doesn't make sense. He cost them quite a few points, he's just not ready for 24 minutes yet.
I agree he had some terrible plays but he shut down the drives when he was in there. If not for that we lose tonight. Thats a fact.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That I can agree with. All I'll say about that is that last year at this time Joey was unplayable and buried on the bench. So a bit early to write off those guys contributing on a March run. Especially Stewart who seems to be gaining Hurley's trust by the day, and feels like he's on the verge of breaking out offensively
Yeah that’s basically what I’m getting at. They’ve both had games this year we probably lose without their contributions. If just one of them becomes more consistent in this second half of the season, we can breath easier if another injury happens.

Reaction Score
He probably averages twice as many points playing fewer minutes per game. Yes he can block shots. I just think it was too many minutes and he brain farted at bad times. I don't understand him playing so many minutes in only his 2nd game back.
We needed all those 24 minutes to win this game. Maybe we could of played small but Samson was totally ineffective out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom