Villanova post game thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Villanova post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We always get the most focus and best game from every team, but we have seen some of the best competitive coaching this year that I remember.
With our offensive sets and limited rosters we may be a much easier read for other coaches. If these coaches can stop one or two players or get them in early foul trouble like Edwards was they play five against 3. There are many more metrics and analysis done these days, more specialized coaching etc. Times are changing. We have to as well.

Reaction Score
I learn some "inside" basketball knowledge with most
every Boneyard comment. Seeing both sides of a position,
point of view, keeps me in "balance". Now , on to Friday
night's " W".!!!! Z

Reaction Score
The Huskies didn’t have enough players to press or play man for long. Fatigue was an issue
While I have not been on the "Geno has to play DeBerry or Paith," bandwagon, this would have been an ideal time to give one or both a shot. Having two shot blockers like DeBerry and Edwards in at the same time would have stopped the drives and reduced the ability to pull the UConn guards inside, allowing so many open 3 pointers. Conversely, on offense, UConn would have had a major advantage going to the boards, causing the Vill. guards to have to help out more and opening up UConn for more 1st half 3-pointers . Dorka tried to fill both roles, but in a physical game, she doesn't seem to have the frame or strength. Just a thought - always easy to second guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom