Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

Reaction Score
Yes, been confirmed for a while. It expands slightly outside of Indy to Bloomington and West Layfette I believe. More or less same schedule

Thanks. As I said, this probably destroys any remaining claims that these kids are amateurs. I kinda expect lawsuits of some kind. Not a lawyer and I'm not sure what the argument would be. At the end of the day, there is a lot of money involved. And parties with a legit argument they don't get their proper cut. Lawyers will come.

Reaction Score
So we do everything right and the Big East officials cause a pause. This league has to get its act together.
I was told we have the best commissioner in college athletics and the league is incredibly well run. We will get every single game in. i think there are some double headers scheduled in February.

Reaction Score
I really think it’s more about his circle than him. But, when I look at 3 Mock Drafts - he’s 15, 10 and 9. So who’s to say they’re wrong even though Chief told one of them they were wrong. LOL Basically, talent and 6 games from last season and 3-4 good games from this season - gets him to be a lottery pick. Not much of a body of work. He likes the college scene (even with Covid) and his mom is a very nice lady - but they are not the ones in my view making the chess moves. Chief’s point is he could move up a few slots if he had a good year next season with maybe normalcy returning. I don’t think his advisers feel it’s worth the risk /reward.
I think his advisors are "selling" the 40 pt game vs Creighton to the NBA as his potential.

Reaction Score
Keep everyone healthy. And move on. TBH .Surprised this hasn't happened somewhere else in College BB this season with the refs as carriers.

Don't know if March Madness dates are absolutely firm or if there's flexibility built into them. Would hope that the NCAA has a Plan B.
Doubt it

Reaction Score

Jay Wright is the epitome of a class act. I have so much respect for him and what he’s accomplished at Villanova. Even when we took them down in 2014, I remember him speaking highly about Shabazz’s performance. As a 2-seed, that loss must’ve been a tough pill for him to swallow. Instead of complaining, he gave UConn the credit they deserved.

In my opinion, Jay Wright is the gold standard for college basketball coaches in 2021. I’m so ready for egotistical coaches like Izzo, Coach K, and Calipari to retire.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Are officials tested on an ongoing basis and before games to ensure this doesn't occur?
Seems crazy that these kids suffer - Im sure they will test the players daily the next three to five days? If no issues, why not start playing again? Just wondering

Reaction Score
People who think James B won’t play another game for UConn are morons lol.

Reaction Score
People who think James B won’t play another game for UConn are morons lol.
This thread is just speculation fueled by more useless speculation by a fake insider. Peak BY

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
No point pretending you might play Sunday. It takes five days from your exposure to the virus before a test can become accurate. You do the math.

I really find the childishness of many of these posts bizarre. The school and the state and the conference are trying to protect the long term health of their student athletes. Our desire to watch basketball on television should not and does not materially factor in to their analysis.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I got tested yesterday and received my negative result today. Is it really that difficult?
They’re saying we can not test our way out because the virus may show up a week later. It’s idiotic but I will take it if it allows us to get healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom