Viewership for this Year's Tourney | The Boneyard

Viewership for this Year's Tourney

Reaction Score
The finale on Monday night, which aired on CBS, was watched by an average of 22.998 million viewers, according to figures released Tuesday by the Nielsen Co.

The game peaked at 26.105 million viewers from 11:15-11:30 p.m. EDT and also garnered a record 4.4 million live video streams, Nielsen said.

Ratings boost: NCAA title game viewership up 30 percent

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
blue blood brings eyeballs

Reaction Score
I wonder how the women's semifinal compared to the final sans UConn?

Reaction Score
I didn't watch one single minute of the tournament. I'm always less interested when UConn isn't in it but I used to watch a ton. Conference realignment ruined college sports not involving UConn for me. I know my lack of viewership means nothing. Just the way it is for me.

Reaction Score
I watched but have to say this was one of the worst tournaments ever. But viewership will keep going up with more and more people getting into bracket pools. Also being able to stream games on your phone is a huge plus.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
3.8 million (TV only) for finals...2,783, 000 for UConn-Miss State

Highest viewership of women's NC since 2014.

Caveat being this was first year the game was on a Sunday. Previously it was always on Tuesday night.

Reaction Score
I watched but have to say this was one of the worst tournaments ever. But viewership will keep going up with more and more people getting into bracket pools. Also being able to stream games on your phone is a huge plus.
The lack of first round upsets hurt this tournament as far as being fun to watch. There was no cinderella story like a Florida Gulf Coast. Thats does make for better matchups with power houses in the later rounds. But, there really were not many good games where you were on the edge of your seat.

Reaction Score
The lack of first round upsets hurt this tournament as far as being fun to watch. There was no cinderella story like a Florida Gulf Coast. Thats does make for better matchups with power houses in the later rounds. But, there really were not many good games where you were on the edge of your seat.

There was also much less dramatic finishes than in years past at least in my head. I think there's usually a lot more close finishes, buzzer-beaters, etc. Not necessarily a product of anything, just back luck

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There was also much less dramatic finishes than in years past at least in my head. I think there's usually a lot more close finishes, buzzer-beaters, etc. Not necessarily a product of anything, just back luck

There were a couple of late game heroics (Florida / Wisconsin and I'm sure I'm missing a few others) but overall the tourney was pretty bland this season.

Just happy most of the ACC got bounced, even though UNC was the eventual champ.

Reaction Score
Yes. Thats another good point. Last year, there were a lot of great stories and finishes at the end of games, the championship game obviously stands out as far as that goes. Its also a shame that the officiating became the story for this years final four and championship game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom