Video Interviews - Coach McCallie & Duke Players | The Boneyard

Video Interviews - Coach McCallie & Duke Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. I'm so impressed with McCallie, her approach to the game and her poise. As ardent a UConn fan as I am, it's hard not to pull for her success. Nothing would please me more than to see Duke emerge as a tooth-and-nail competitor for us at the top of the rankings. WCBB needs this badly, as it desperately needs more parity and more perennial contenders for national titles. Yes, we, with good reason, like to talk about the very real possibility of an undefeated season, but I'd far rather see more ferocious competition at the highest level with real battles for supremacy each year. I attended the Final Four in New Orleans last season. Everything was great save for the number of empty seats....this is not good for the game, and our success, however thrilling to us fans, is diminished without great competition, year in and year out. Sure, I want us to win, but if the game tonight is a triple-overtime barnburner, rather than a blowout, I'll be delighted. We should all be rooting, at least in part, for McCallie's success.

Reaction Score
She has been successful at all her stops to date and we will see tonight if they made a significant progress since last years team against UCONN. My key to watch tonight is fould trouble on both teams......Can DUKE match UCONN's run's and intensity level from the opening tap for 40 minutes...........Its very hard to go from playing tough for 20 minutes to 40 minutes against the best team in WCBB year in and year out. UCONN does not allow you to get comfortable and makes you take unwanted shots then fast breaks you to death.

Watch the last 5 minutes of the 1st and the first 5 minutes in the 2nd half.......The is UCONN's trademark...........It takes the air out of the opponent's and the local crowds.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, I guess we know what will be written on the Duke blackboard. Immediacy, intensity, intelligence. The player interviewees sure have it down that they are focusing on "us" and the goal is months away. Sorta tired of hearing Joanne McCauley remind everyone it is December and her defensive talk about how it is a process (and the first 2 years of a coaching change are throw aways!). I get the feeling she does not believe they can win at this stage in the season and she is managing her team against a let down. It is a team of seniors but also youngsters, so I think she is handling it about right.

Reaction Score
I for one, admire McCallie for she has the 'bravo' to take us on. She's for increasing women's basketball exposure & competition. Yes, there have been some lopsided scores but views it as a learning experience for her team & their betterment. Maryland after many years of denial has finally decided to play us.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess we know what will be written on the Duke blackboard. Immediacy, intensity, intelligence.
Well, the intelligence part is certainly true, as a visitor to the Duke locker room just reported that the stalls are filled with players puking their guts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom