Video: EDD Teaching Mo'ne To Shoot a Step-Back Jumper ...and More | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video: EDD Teaching Mo'ne To Shoot a Step-Back Jumper ...and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good video.Mo'ne gives mention to Skyler Diggins but I didn't take it that she follows Skyler's every move sort of thing. Hopefully she continues to develop her bb skills and wants to come to UConn. It's up to UConn to stay in the forefront of her mind and desired school.

Back to subject on hand and that is also humorous. Why people are even concerned about Mo'ne losing interest in playing point for UConn is just silly. Those who thinks that playing on the varsity for a really really weak high school team is as good as playing AAU know very little about high school and AAU basketball. I really do hope they decided to let her play this year because it is the only way she will get any kind of gage as to her actual basketball skill level. I think the people around her are clueless in that respect. She is a really good athlete and that's why her interest in playing muli-tsports which is the reason they kept her out to AAU. That was so she could play soccer and baseball. The commitment to those sports is a fraction of what is required to become elite in basketball. Those of you who think it doesn't matter and that she is still young don't have a clue what kind of commitment it takes to excel to the degree that a program like UConn would even consider you for a scholarship. There is an eighth grader( even younger than Mo'ne) who was the starting pg on EDD's old school Ursuline who ended up as Delaware State Champions. That eighth grader played a major role in the final. The number two team in the nation ST Mary's Stockton ( who beat MD and MLS in the Cal.Open D. finals has a starting PG who is Mo'ne's age ( although she was a soph because she skipped grades. That girls plays EYBL in AAU and spent the high school season playing against players like Dangerfield and MLS. It takes more than athleticism to play at that level. It takes a long term commitment of both time and effort and Mo'ne still has a long way to even get close to the level of elite players in her age group.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm still wating on #3, 4, and 5 :rolleyes:
I'm restraining myself rather than continuing to pile on SkyDig, but thanks for the invitation. Just think Mo'ne could do better for role models.

(It does look like, from Eskapeesto's guide to gang signs, that SD is a Killaz wannabe :p )

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Mone is looking for a role model, I'd suggest Maya Moore, Elena DelleDonne, or Napheesa Collier.

I'd suggest Elizabeth Williams, Chelsea Gray, and Krystal Thomas :)

I'm restraining myself rather than continuing to pile on SkyDig, but thanks for the invitation. Just think Mo'ne could do better for role models.

(It does look like, from Eskapeesto's guide to gang signs, that SD is a Killaz wannabe :p )

well thanks anyway for the pictures...

Now im in an interesting conversation about Skylar with "my girl" ... She says she's not a role model... just a gal playing ball just like other women players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Back to subject on hand and that is also humorous. Why people are even concerned about Mo'ne losing interest in playing point for UConn is just silly. Those who thinks that playing on the varsity for a really really weak high school team is as good as playing AAU know very little about high school and AAU basketball. I really do hope they decided to let her play this year because it is the only way she will get any kind of gage as to her actual basketball skill level. I think the people around her are clueless in that respect. She is a really good athlete and that's why her interest in playing muli-tsports which is the reason they kept her out to AAU. That was so she could play soccer and baseball. The commitment to those sports is a fraction of what is required to become elite in basketball. Those of you who think it doesn't matter and that she is still young don't have a clue what kind of commitment it takes to excel to the degree that a program like UConn would even consider you for a scholarship. There is an eighth grader( even younger than Mo'ne) who was the starting pg on EDD's old school Ursuline who ended up as Delaware State Champions. That eighth grader played a major role in the final. The number two team in the nation ST Mary's Stockton ( who beat MD and MLS in the Cal.Open D. finals has a starting PG who is Mo'ne's age ( although she was a soph because she skipped grades. That girls plays EYBL in AAU and spent the high school season playing against players like Dangerfield and MLS. It takes more than athleticism to play at that level. It takes a long term commitment of both time and effort and Mo'ne still has a long way to even get close to the level of elite players in her age group.
Will seriously can Mone live her life? You want her to be playing Varsity basketball on a nationally ranked team and be the starting point guard? Why, so she can be burned out by the time she becomes a Freshmen in college like EDD. Relax! There is plenty of time and opportunity for her playing multiple sports is/has never been a bad thing for an 7th grader. We are just trying to keep her away from Skylar because. That is a worthy cause IMO but this rant of yours is odd, sounds like Mone is disappointing you.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Let me inject a note of "positivity" into this marginally inappropriate thread. Right. Did anyone else notice EDD's observable fitness level? I could be incorrect, but during her bout with Lyme, she lost a bunch of weight and looked like a walking stick. Now, she looks very fit and strong. Glad to see that.

Probably inappropriate for me to have noticed. And worse that I mentioned it. But just HAD to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom