Video: Dawn on PLaying UConn | The Boneyard

Video: Dawn on PLaying UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I love Dawn. Especially her ability to stay grounded in the moment. If our team can learn anything from their head coach it's that you should respect your opponent but never fear them.

I hope our team goes into tomorrow's game fearless and resolute. They'll need it versus a juggernaut. Limit the turnovers, play your assignments, keep it clean but most of all have fun.

Reaction Score
Always liked Dawn. I know she's been raked over the coals on this board recently for her salty language, but in the public settings in which I've seen her she has always been completely appropriate. She's a serious person, proud (as she should be) of her program and her fans, and speaks w/out braggadocio. She's practical about her team's prospects Monday and complimentary about UConn's talent. Having spoken kindly, I hope the game is a blow-out with the Huskies decimating the Gamecocks, breaking their spirit, demoralizing their fans, and making clear to the nation's best high schoolers that Storrs is the only destination for them. Otherwise, best wishes.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Always liked Dawn. I know she's been raked over the coals on this board recently for her salty language, but in the public settings in which I've seen her she has always been completely appropriate. She's a serious person, proud (as she should be) of her program and her fans, and speaks w/out braggadocio. She's practical about her team's prospects Monday and complimentary about UConn's talent. Having spoken kindly, I hope the game is a blow-out with the Huskies decimating the Gamecocks, breaking their spirit, demoralizing their fans, and making clear to the nation's best high schoolers that Storrs is the only destination for them. Otherwise, best wishes.

Demoralizing our fans, lol. We're the fans that survived a 21 game losing streak in football while remaining top 20 in attendance; I think we'll be ok.

I guess the ball is in Geno's court if the series will continue.

Last edited:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I would love Dawn if she were the coach of my team.
She is not, so I do not.
Although I liked her in this interview.
It may have helped that she wasn't making any of those crazy game faces. :)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Demoralizing our fans, lol. We're the fans that survived a 21 game losing streak in football while remaining top 20 in attendance; I think we'll be ok.

I guess the ball is in Geno's court if the series will continue.

Exactly. Win or lose, there will still be 15,000+ fans at Thursday's game vs. Florida.. Demoralizing lost? I doubt it. As fans, we've endured worst. :rolleyes:

If Monday's game results in a loss, the fans will be there to cheer the team up and refocus them on the real goal at hand.... going undefeated in conference play and winning the SEC tournament.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Exactly. Win or lose, there will still be 15,000+ fans at Thursday's game vs. Florida.. Demoralizing lost? I doubt it. As fans, we've endured worst. :rolleyes:

For me it was vs. Furman in football my freshman year in 1982.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
For me it was vs. Furman in football my freshman year in 1982.

Wow. Worse than the infamous Navy game?

I gotta go with the 2011 Auburn loss. Probably my most depressing loss as a student.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Was looking forward to Puppy Bowl XII, but Animal Planet is not carrying it down here.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
How can anyone dislike this woman? She's passionate, inspiring and well schooled in the task of basketball. Women's basketball needs not only more coaches like her, but this game. WBB is slowly fading in popularity. The UCONN/UT rivalry boosted WBB in this country to the point where the WNBA became possible. College needs more rivalries like that, more games like this, more coaches like her, more eyes on the sport, and better appreciation of this game. And of course better educated Doug Gottlieb's

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
OMG - that IS imposible. Popular in Columbus does NOT equal popular in Clemson!
Except, of course, the Clemson women's team has been an embarrassment to basketball for a loooong time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Football fan and Women's basketball fans are 2 different animals... UConn can make them feel salty but because Dawn and Geno are cool the chances are slim unless South Carolina starts winning against UConn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It goes by fast, but Dawn said the Gampel atmosphere intimidated her players. She, in turn, is making a lot of their home court advantage. Historically home court has been a big factor in the SEC, so I understand the emphasis.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping she doesn't have her team goon it up tonight.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It goes by fast, but Dawn said the Gampel atmosphere intimidated her players. She, in turn, is making a lot of their home court advantage. Historically home court has been a big factor in the SEC, so I understand the emphasis.

That's because there are a lot of fierce rivalries in the conference across all sports. We all have teams that we hate. For me it is Kentucky's 2 coaches in MBB and WBB and Vandy in MBB, as well. In football it is Clemson (non-conference, but hated), Georgia and Auburn. There is a lot of cross-pollination between sports. It strikes me that many on this board may not be UCONN football fans, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom