Video Breakdown: Xavier Preview (Their Deadly Transition Offense) | The Boneyard

Video Breakdown: Xavier Preview (Their Deadly Transition Offense)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hey everyone, wanted to share the Xavier game tape breakdown with y'all.

Specifically I dig into what makes their "middle third" attack so dangerous in transition and a few ways we can beat their defense, which has been good but not great this year.

As always, feedback is welcome. Hope this helps!

I will have the game notes in Google Sheets ready in the AM for anyone who wants them.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Boum might be the best portal pickup in college this year. And we have some great pieces.
Boum has been fantastic and Miller has turned Kunkle back into the weapon he was at Belmont.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, wanted to share the Xavier game tape breakdown with y'all.

Specifically I dig into what makes their "middle third" attack so dangerous in transition and a few ways we can beat their defense, which has been good but not great this year.

As always, feedback is welcome. Hope this helps!

I will have the game notes in Google Sheets ready in the AM for anyone who wants them.

Fantastic stuff. Look forward to seeing more in the morning. Our offensive efficiency will be very important. If we score they can’t be as effective with the break

Reaction Score
Starting to look forward to these each game. Clear, concise breakdowns, and getting better each time with more film available. Appreciate the work!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Fantastic stuff. Look forward to seeing more in the morning. Our offensive efficiency will be very important. If we score they can’t be as effective with the break

Starting to look forward to these each game. Clear, concise breakdowns, and getting better each time with more film available. Appreciate the work!
Thank you both!

Reaction Score
Nice job with the video. We're also excellent in transition for many of the same reasons. Hawkins' "spot" on the left wing in transition is just absolutely lethal. He basically shoots it before he looks at the basket. But the key is our guards find him there consistently.

Newton and Jackson are both really good at driving across the middle in transition and at making live dribble cross court passes, which often leads to an open Karaban or Hawkins 3 from the opposite wing/corner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom