VERY very OT--let me hiJack Dec 7th | The Boneyard

VERY very OT--let me hiJack Dec 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
November and Dec 1950 500,000 or 250,000 (depending on who you believe) Chinese surrounded, captured, and annihilated many American Soldiers and Marines in Northern Korea. Americans fought their way out in 60 degree below zero weather frozen hands, feet, ears. Bloody wound froze solid.
The Korean people to to this day, I know of no other nation, loves the USA and the men and boys that saved their nation. I was walking in a local Walmart with my Korean War hat on and a young Korean man, wife and his kids stopped me and thanked me for 20 minutes--his American kids too. The Koreans offer free trips to South Korea of old vets. Samsung gives millions for the Korean War Monument and it's upkeep. They offer almost 400,000 a year in scholarships for the grand kids of Korean vets. (Per the American Legion Magazine)
Some nations are grateful.
I though this O.T> important enough to share with my fellow Boneyarder and Vets.
Thank you for allowing me to do this.

Reaction Score
Thanks for reminding us all about this. It was referred to as the "Frozen Chosan" by the Marines who were there.

Reaction Score
Thanks for reminding us all about this. It was referred to as the "Frozen Chosan" by the Marines who were there.
I spent 4 month in a Naval hospital with the survivors of the Frozen Chozen--I've been a Marine appreciator ever since (I was USN).

Reaction Score
My high school in Boonton, NJ has a Hall of Fame, and one member of that Hall is Hector Cafferata. He was in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, in the First Marine Division , and was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions there. He played football at Boonton, as did my brother, and knowing Cafferata was a factor in my brother's decision to join the Marines after high school. He talks about Cafferata all the time. A school in Florida has been named after Cafferata.

Reaction Score
My high school in Boonton, NJ has a Hall of Fame, and one member of that Hall is Hector Cafferata. He was in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, in the First Marine Division , and was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions there. He played football at Boonton, as did my brother, and knowing Cafferata was a factor in my brother's decision to join the Marines after high school. He talks about Cafferata all the time. A school in Florida has been named after Cafferata.
Semper Fi!! Thanks for this. Every Marine at the Chosin is a hero in my eyes and heart. No human should have to suffer as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom