Vandy wins again | The Boneyard

Vandy wins again

Reaction Score
While this was definitely a game they needed to win, I didn't expect the beatdown on Auburn. Up 45-21 at half and 64-40 after 3.
Tigers probably still celebrating their big win over TN.

I thought 10 wins would be a good opening season for Shea, but the Dores are now 12-10. If they could actually manage 4-4 down the stretch (a steep ask), they could snag a WNIT berth, which would be a HUGE success.

Reaction Score
While this was definitely a game they needed to win, I didn't expect the beatdown on Auburn. Up 45-21 at half and 64-40 after 3.
Tigers probably still celebrating their big win over TN.

I thought 10 wins would be a good opening season for Shea, but the Dores are now 12-10. If they could actually manage 4-4 down the stretch (a steep ask), they could snag a WNIT berth, which would be a HUGE success.
Ralph was a huge loss for UCONN. The coaching seems to have slipped this year

Reaction Score
Huh ? Oh…I don’t think so. To quote Gene Krantz : On the contrary; I believe this will be our finest hour. Years back, when we’d hit a rough patch, someone coined the phrase : In Geno We Trust. Also, we might remember Gus from Lonesome Dove : the older the violin the sweeter the music.

Reaction Score
Just watched a post game interview with Shea on the SEC network after the her Ark win.
Man, sorry she decided to leave.
She gets “it” and she’s got “it”.
Life is long , but she is building something at Vandy from the ground up.
Her joy is evident and I don’t see her ever back in Storrs.
Wishing her continued success.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
One of the Vandy fans posted before the season that if Shea wins 10 games she should be SEC coach of the year. Well, so far, she has won 12. They love her down there and sees the change in the team, not just the way they play, but their attitudes as well. I have watched all her interviews on Vandymania, and she comes across as a caring, but tough coach who just loves her players and the way they have bought into her system. If anyone has not heard any of her interviews you should sign on and watch. After listening to her, I realize she would be the best choice to follow Geno, but the sucess she will be having down there, there is no way she would leave Vandy. She will build her own program, and I hope I will be around to see her knock the crap out of those rival orange people.

Reaction Score
Just watched a post game interview with Shea on the SEC network after the her Ark win.
Man, sorry she decided to leave.
She gets “it” and she’s got “it”.
Life is long , but she is building something at Vandy from the ground up.
Her joy is evident and I don’t see her ever back in Storrs.
Wishing her continued success.
My thoughts are the reverse........if she continues on her current path I'd say she'll be the frontrunner to take the UConn job when Geno retires..........

Reaction Score
I wish Shea success wherever she wants to coach. She has contributed enormously to UCONN basketball and I am very grateful for that. As her teams keep getting better, would be great to schedule UCONN - Vandy games.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
My thoughts are the reverse........if she continues on her current path I'd say she'll be the frontrunner to take the UConn job when Geno retires..........
I would be for that 100%!
If your alma mater comes knockin'... GO!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
People like Shea don't come along too often. We were blessed to have her as a player and as a coach. If she ever found her way back here, we'd be damn fortunate.
Go, Shea, go!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If there is a coaching issue maybe it is with the assistant coaches. Instead of having younger coaches that are probably more approachable by the players, the team has a couple of older assistants that have had questionable coaching careers. Maybe not the problem but possibly part of the problem.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Vandy and Shea lost a tough one to Alabama in OT 77-71.

Marisa and the Badgers beat Illinois 70-62.

Both teams with 3 conference wins and hopefully can avoid last place in their respective conferences.

Reaction Score

Both teams with 3 conference wins and hopefully can avoid last place in their respective conferences.

If only Vandy had made their FT.

Reaction Score

Really tough loss. With a win I think they had a decent shot at a WNIT berth. They'd probably need to 4-2 down the stretch. The two at home are against the top part of the league (FL, MS) while the other 4 are road games.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
One of the Vandy fans posted before the season that if Shea wins 10 games she should be SEC coach of the year. Well, so far, she has won 12. They love her down there and sees the change in the team, not just the way they play, but their attitudes as well. I have watched all her interviews on Vandymania, and she comes across as a caring, but tough coach who just loves her players and the way they have bought into her system. If anyone has not heard any of her interviews you should sign on and watch. After listening to her, I realize she would be the best choice to follow Geno, but the sucess she will be having down there, there is no way she would leave Vandy. She will build her own program, and I hope I will be around to see her knock the crap out of those rival orange people.
Depending on how she finds success, I could definitely see Ralph leaving. Vandy doesn't have near the resources, fan support or money that most strong programs do. If she can get Vandy in the top 5-6 of the SEC, she'll have many schools luring her with big pay day opportunities.

Reaction Score
Shea will have some good head coaching experience when Geno retires and UConn plucks her from Vandy to be Geno's replacement.
dude she's not leaving a power 5 conference, a conference that has SEC money, and a city like Nashville. Her husband and her made a tough decision for their kids to move where they lived. Whatever Uconn offers, Vanderbilt will match it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did you see the last Vandy vs SC score? I doubt it will be much of a battle.
This from a fan of the team that lost to Missouri.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Depending on how she finds success, I could definitely see Ralph leaving. Vandy doesn't have near the resources, fan support or money that most strong programs do. If she can get Vandy in the top 5-6 of the SEC, she'll have many schools luring her with big pay day opportunities.
Really? I had read that they were investing a lot more in the athletic department. Certainly Shea’s office looks very nice. I’m not sure I see her coming back, though I’d love to have her.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My first thought is that she went to Vandy on a five year internship and if she did well she would replace Geno. But after listening to her I'm thinking she is at Vandy for good. UConn administration will probably go after her but it will be a tough sell to replace the legend. Jamelle is now my choice.

Reaction Score
My first thought is that she went to Vandy on a five year internship and if she did well she would replace Geno. But after listening to her I'm thinking she is at Vandy for good. UConn administration will probably go after her but it will be a tough sell to replace the legend. Jamelle is now my choice.
I would not rule out Carla Berube who also has had some HC success. She was a local CT kid, right?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I would not rule out Carla Berube who also has had some HC success. She was a local CT kid, right?
I don't think Carla is into the high stakes recruiting. Spent a long time in D3 and now at Princeton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom