Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow

Reaction Score
voodoo-dolls-wallpaper.jpg

Reaction Score
Thats not good. I hope he gets well soon. With the way this season has gone, Its really unbelievable how many players have missed games due to injuries.

Reaction Score
If I had to choose between Vital and Jackson, I'd take the former. Hope Jackson gets healthy, though.

Reaction Score
Can anything else go wrong between now and tomorrow's game????

H

huskymagic

Nothing is confirmed thats just what they put out there for the press. Too many of our players are soft and missing games for what's presented as concussions. This type of approach starts from the head all the way on down. I never saw a Calhoun team have so many guys missing games with so many subjective issues.

PS: Amida dominate Cinci

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At this point they just don't seem to be concerned with the Cinci game with the way they are announcing every injury far in advance. AACT or bust is in full force.

Reaction Score
Nothing is confirmed thats just what they put out there for the press. Too many of our players are soft and missing games for what's presented as concussions. This type of approach starts from the head all the way on down. I never saw a Calhoun team have so many guys missing games with so many subjective issues.

Let's knock it off with this "these players are soft these aren't real concussions talk". The amount of ignorance still bouncing around out there after what's come to light recently regarding concussions and CTS and all that
is astounding. We're talking about the game of basketball weighed against potential mental and physical health issues - the latter should always be deferred to if there's even a scintilla of evidence that there may be a concussion. Come on

Reaction Score

I like when I see you're the last person to respond to a topic. It's a fun game to try and guess the type of idiotic comment you'll come up with for whatever subject is being discussed.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Seems like it was just in November when we were concerned about finding minutes to keep all our guys happy. Now we're looking under the carpet for guys to keep all our minutes filled.

Snakebit.

C

Chief00

Too convenient...

Just a gut feeling - something is not right overall. The possibilities:
1) Over cautious concussion protocols - there's no downside in their eyes to being overly conservative even to the point of ridiculous.
2) Drugs
3) Guys just poorly condition, so they are more likely to get both physical and head trauma injuries
4) Very, very, very bad luck. When things keep happening the "just bad luck" explanation becomes less and less likely

Reaction Score
It would take a miracle at this point to win tomorrows game, I'll be there rooting them on but expectations are about as low as they can get at this point. Never seen a team so riddled with injuries

Reaction Score
Why are they getting all these concussions? Most teams don't have any.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
So if Vital and Jackson are both out, who becomes the 5th starter? Durham at the 3?

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a long lineup and try out Facey at the 3. He's proven he can drive to the basket. Juwan at the 4.

H

huskymagic

This is one of the few times I agree with Chief that something isn't right here with these so called "injuries" and "concussions". Not only are they "confirmed" hastily before game day not even a game-time decision, but multiple guys with the same so-called ailment and diagnosis. Either we have some of the softest, weakest, and least-physically prepared UCONN athletes of all time or something has changed in our procedure and protocol towards subjective injuries. Some of our guys aren't in the best physical shape that part is clear, but the ready-made excuses before games is becoming a trend here, and an easy cop-out to a tough season.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I mean honestly, does everyone have these morons on ignore or have people just given up responding to the idiocy?

We have people going unchecked here blaming a couple minor concussions on Ollie, recruiting, drugs, bad conditioning, being soft, or just making excuses.

This is pathetic. I've never used the ignore feature before but this place is unreadable. I'm going on an ignore spree to save my eyeballs some pain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom