USF WBB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry the Bulls will not be playing at home when we are in Tampa for the holidays. I really like to watch them, and USF has a VERY nice arena.

Stay an extra week or two and you can catch the Bulls playing UConn in the Sun Dome. :)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Sorry the Bulls will not be playing at home when we are in Tampa for the holidays. I really like to watch them, and USF has a VERY nice arena.

If you are still in Florida, #17/19 USF plays #10/11 Miss St in Jacksonville, Fl Dec 30 if you want to make the trip there.

Wed,
Dec 30
Mississippi State Jacksonville, Fla. 4:30 p.m. SEC Network & WatchESPN ▪ 1040 AM ▪ Live Audio

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Despite losing @Baylor USF moved up one spot to #18 in the AP Poll.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 5h5 hours ago
#USFWBB makes the jump to 18 in latest AP Top-25 Poll! #KeepClimbing http://on.ncaa.com/19Ciwkb

CUhTF3bXAAAH1ub.png

Also, USF finally announced the signing of the four women.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 6h6 hours ago
Welcome to the #USFWBB Family Shae, Jazz, Tamara & Enna! We've signed a great group, stay tuned to meet them all!

CUg1dYtWcAAo3Yd.jpg

USF WBB has some info about each of them on their twitter page, if you are interested.

https://twitter.com/USFWBB

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF SIGNS TOP RECRUITS IN EARLY PERIOD
November 23, 2015
By USF

More Sharing Services

TAMPA, NOV. 23, 2015 – Head coach Jose Fernandez and the USF women’s basketball staff announced the signing of four student-athletes during the early signing period, welcoming in top recruits from around the world to Tampa.

Jazzmaine Bond, Tamara Henshaw, Shae Leverett and Enna Pehadzic were ranked among the best talent in the 2016 recruiting class by All Star Girls Report, Blue Star, Blue Star Europe, Collegiate Girls Basketball Report/ESPNW, JumpOFF Plus and Passion Hoops.

“Not only are these young ladies great student-athletes and basketball players, they are great people” said Fernandez. “They are committed to improving, and coming into a program that has experienced great success over the years. They are really good fits for USF academically and athletically.”

Bond, a 6-3 forward from Murfreesboro, Tenn., is no stranger to success. In her junior season, Bond helped lead Blackman High School to the Tennessee AAA State Championship. The two-time state champion Lady Blaze were also declared the state high school National Champions by USA Today. Bond averaged 7.9 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks last season.

Henshaw, a 6-1 forward from Palm Coast, Fla., led Flagler Palm Coast (FPC) to the Florida State Class 8A Final Four in 2015, the first Final Four appearance in program history. Henshaw was All-Area First team and FABC 8A All-State Second Team. The Florida native averaged 11.8 points and 10.7 rebounds per game last season.

Leverett, a 6-2 forward from Rincon, Ga. is a 1,000-point scorer from South Effingham High School. Leverett reached the career mark as a junior and was the Georgia Region 3 5A Offensive Player of the Year. Leverett was also named to the Georgia State 5A All-State second team, averaging 16.9 points and 13.8 rebounds per game, with 25 double-doubles.

Adding to the Bulls international flavor is a 5-9 guard Pehadzic from Denmark. Pehadzic played for the Denmark U18 National Team this past summer in the European Championship, led the squad with 17.6 points to go along with 5 rebounds and 3 assists per game. Pehadzic played for the U16 squad in 2013 and 2012.

“With this class, we addressed the areas we needed. We needed to bolster our front line, and with the signing of Jazzmaine, Tamara and Shea, we added some key components to our line. Enna will bring depth to our backcourt. She can play the point guard and the shooting guard position. I’m excited about her being with our program.”

Jose Fernandez’s 2015 women’s basketball team returns all five starters, including All-American Candidate Courtney Williams, from a team that posted a 27-8 (15-3 American) record in 2014-15 and finished the season in the top 25 rankings. The squad finished second behind eventual NCAA champion UConn in the American Athletic Conference and made an exciting NCAA Tournament run that saw USF top LSU in front of 5,560 fans in the Sun Dome in the NCAA regional round.

In 2015-16, the Bulls will be hosting their toughest schedule yet, including the opening rounds of the Preseason WNIT, along with perennial powers Penn State, Chattanooga, Oklahoma State and UConn making trips to Tampa. Season tickets, starting at just $65, are available for purchase online at USFBullsTix.com, by phone at 1-800-GoBulls or in person at the Gate B ticket office of the Sun Dome, with single game tickets going on sale in late September.

USF has made 11 postseason tournament appearances and had three NCAA Tournament berths in Head Coach Jose Fernandez’s 15 seasons. The all-time winningest coach in program history, Fernandez has guided USF to six 20-win seasons, two WNIT final four appearances, the 2009 WNIT championship and won more than 260 games.

– #GoBulls –

Reaction Score
Despite losing @Baylor USF moved up one spot to #18 in the AP Poll.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 5h5 hours ago
#USFWBB makes the jump to 18 in latest AP Top-25 Poll! #KeepClimbing http://on.ncaa.com/19Ciwkb

CUhTF3bXAAAH1ub.png

Also, USF finally announced the signing of the four women.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 6h6 hours ago
Welcome to the #USFWBB Family Shae, Jazz, Tamara & Enna! We've signed a great group, stay tuned to meet them all!

CUg1dYtWcAAo3Yd.jpg

USF WBB has some info about each of them on their twitter page, if you are interested.

https://twitter.com/USFWBB
USF should be/will be ranked higher than 18

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Great! It's early. Somebody like Stanford, or Arizona State, or even somebody like Texas or Oregon State, is going to slip down and make room eventually. Just keep winning!

That's our intention. LOL

We start our winning streak tonight.

USF Women's Basketball
19 hrs ·

We're back in action tomorrow night! We hope to see you there and celebrate before the holiday. We are grateful for all our Bulls fans and encourage Bulls Nation to bring canned food items to the game for a Thanksgiving donation to the Metropolitan Ministries. Metropolitan Ministries serve 69,000 meals each month in Tampa Bay and at partner sites around Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk and Pinellas counties. During the Holiday season, Metropolitan Ministries serves 23,000 families in need with holiday meals. Fans that bring at least three canned items will receive a ‪#‎BullsUnite‬ Bandana while supplies last. ‪#‎GoBulls‬

No.18/17 Bulls host Butler Wednesday

PREVIEW: The No. 18/17 USF women's basketball team (2-1) returns to Tampa Wednesday to host Butler University in nonconference action.

GOUSFBULLS.COM

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Butler was tougher than I imagined. They shot 12-26 from beyond the arc and were perfect from the foul line for the night.

Courtney had 29 points.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 40m40 minutes ago
FINAL | Bulls down Butler 87-77. No. 18/17 USF improves to 3-1. NEXT: USF travels to St. John's Sunday, Nov. 29 for 2 p.m. game #BullsUnite

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
BTW, I got some inside info at the Butler game.

USF has one schollie to give out for '16 and it looks like we will be signing one of the TOP European players to fill up the class in February. I know what country she represents, but not her name. Still, I probably can nail it down with a little research. LOL

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Got the post game update from my brother. Quite the game by Courtney, Alicia and Laura. Heard Butler bombs the 3 like KState did against us. Your girls are solid, but might want to come out of the blocks a little faster in the first quarter. That could come back to bite them. Looking forward to the conference schedule. Go UConn and USF! Way to represent the AAC! (and good luck to your football team as well).
Sounds intriguing about the mystery recruit....

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Got the post game update from my brother. Quite the game by Courtney, Alicia and Laura. Heard Butler bombs the 3 like KState did against us. Your girls are solid, but might want to come out of the blocks a little faster in the first quarter. That could come back to bite them. Looking forward to the conference schedule. Go UConn and USF! Way to represent the AAC! (and good luck to your football team as well).
Sounds intriguing about the mystery recruit....

Thanks..

I know that ALL USF fans are rooting very hard for UCONN football this weekend.

Today we have to beat UCF and then all our eyes will be solely on UCONN.

As to the mystery recruit, I narrowed it down, I believe, to two players. One is a 6'4 center who was on the all-tournament team when the USA played. I have a hunch she is the one, but it could be the other as well, who is a very good guard. I'd be very happy with either.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Will try to find the game!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
That was a tough one. Courtney is a warrior. Let them go smack Harvard around to get it out of their systems and back on track.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
USF gets a chance to avenge our home loss to SJU from last year. That left a very bad taste on the USF side.
n

I assume that bad taste will last another year.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
USF looked really good today...nice to hang over 100 on Penn State. Courtney is even better than last year, as is Alicia. The whole team looks like they are really clicking. Love Stringfield when she comes off the bench and brings the tempo up.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
USF looked really good today...nice to hang over 100 on Penn State. Courtney is even better than last year, as is Alicia. The whole team looks like they are really clicking. Love Stringfield when she comes off the bench and brings the tempo up.
ChicagoGG: Any word on the situation with Banks?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

USF, once again started off slow. It would be nice to get out of the gate more quickly, for a change.

Other then a letdown in the 3rd period, USF played very well.

I think our offense is getting to where I expected it to be this season. We have more players who can score, but they usually rely too much on Courtney to get points.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
FINAL | USF defeats Penn State 101-79 and improves to 5-2 this season. NEXT: Bulls host Chattanooga 12/3 at noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom