USF Adds 5 Star Prospect. Eligible Immediately | The Boneyard

USF Adds 5 Star Prospect. Eligible Immediately

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice to see USF getting some help after losing Laksa, but I’m not quite sure what a 5-star rating means from a European rating service.

Reaction Score
USF has the Latvian connection.

Any word yet on whether Laksa is going to redshirt and stay another season or just move onto a professional career?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
USF has the Latvian connection.

Any word yet on whether Laksa is going to redshirt and stay another season or just move onto a professional career?

There has not been a peep out of the athletic department. We have season tickets and even the fans and athletic department members are clueless as to Laksa's status. It took a lot to find out Laksa had a torn ACL.

She has not appeared at any home games since the injury. I find that very strange.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USF's backcourt really needs the reinforcement. They got chewed up by Kentucky's full court pressure.

The Bulls have a key game today at LSU. I wonder if Septe will play today...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Assuming Laksa’s rehab goes well, she’s a 1st round pick in the WNBA imo, and has the opportunity to make even bigger money playing in Europe. With her degree in hand, it’s difficult to believe she would return to USF as a redshirt senior.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Assuming Laksa’s rehab goes well, she’s a 1st round pick in the WNBA imo, and has the opportunity to make even bigger money playing in Europe. With her degree in hand, it’s difficult to believe she would return to USF as a redshirt senior.
I believe she was actually eligible to declare in the 2018 draft but elected not to. Not that that's any indication of what she'll do now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe she was actually eligible to declare in the 2018 draft but elected not to. Not that that's any indication of what she'll do now.
I think the injury will be the key factor in having her declare for the draft. Once a player knows they’re vulnerable, it’s time to start making money as soon as you can before another injury ends your career, as it now appears has happened to Kristy Wallace.

Reaction Score

If she enters the 2019 draft, I don’t believe she’ll be a first round pick since she won’t be available to play until 2020. If she returns to college and does well and enters the 2020 draft, then I see her being a first rounder.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she enters the 2019 draft, I don’t believe she’ll be a first round pick since she won’t be available to play until 2020. If she returns to college and does well and enters the 2020 draft, then I see her being a first rounder.
Don’t know how long her rehab will take, but if it extends through the summer your point is well taken. The other scenario is that she might be ready to go for the European season in the fall, establish herself and then be eligible for the WNBA draft in 2020.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think the injury will be the key factor in having her declare for the draft. Once a player knows they’re vulnerable, it’s time to start making money as soon as you can before another injury ends your career, as it now appears has happened to Kristy Wallace.
That's a compelling rationale, but some players who miss years due to injury still elect to use their 5th year. Brianna Turner of Notre Dame is one example. Brittney Sykes of Syracuse (who suffered two ACL injuries in college) is another.

Reaction Score
Maybe 'I've just gotten used to seeing UConn shut Laksa out, but even acknowledging that she's a terrific shooter, I don't think her kind of game goes over that well in the WNBA. Not athletic enough, for one thing. I could be all wet (and I don't really watch much WNBA) but I don't see why she would be a first rounder. That's not to say she can't have a wonderful career in Europe and elsewhere. I think she'll thrive there.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maybe 'I've just gotten used to seeing UConn shut Laksa out, but even acknowledging that she's a terrific shooter, I don't think her kind of game goes over that well in the WNBA. Not athletic enough, for one thing. I could be all wet (and I don't really watch much WNBA) but I don't see why she would be a first rounder. That's not to say she can't have a wonderful career in Europe and elsewhere. I think she'll thrive there.
Laksa is about 6’ tall. She’s a deadly 3 pt shooter with an extremely quick release, and she can put the ball on the floor to get to her spot.

While I don’t necessarily see her as a starter in the W, there are a lot of teams that would use her as a key sub off the bench to spread the floor on offense, much like KML.

Reaction Score
Nice to see USF getting some help after losing Laksa, but I’m not quite sure what a 5-star rating means from a European rating service.
Will some one splain to me: Why is it Nd, USF get immediate starters and Uconn Transfers, influx, have to sit a season? Part B: Is Geno beating those bushes or another Kia in Canada for immediate use??

Reaction Score
Will some one splain to me: Why is it Nd, USF get immediate starters and Uconn Transfers, influx, have to sit a season? Part B: Is Geno beating those bushes or another Kia in Canada for immediate use??

Septe signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Bulls in the offseason but was unable to join the Bulls' roster until December.

The title is a little deceptive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
USF's backcourt really needs the reinforcement. They got chewed up by Kentucky's full court pressure.

The Bulls have a key game today at LSU. I wonder if Septe will play today...

The game is on SECN at 4PM.

Reaction Score
Laksa is about 6’ tall. She’s a deadly 3 pt shooter with an extremely quick release, and she can put the ball on the floor to get to her spot.

While I don’t necessarily see her as a starter in the W, there are a lot of teams that would use her as a key sub off the bench to spread the floor on offense, much like KML.
Yeah, KML was the closest comparison I could come up with, which means Laksa has to be drafted by exactly the right club, or else she gets lost in the sauce.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She'll probably be a graduate transfer and guess what school she will want to play for. Just kidding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom