USA Women's soccer tonight | The Boneyard

USA Women's soccer tonight

Reaction Score
USA vs Germany in the "She Believes Cup" on Fox Sports 1 @ 7. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
I'm very excited about this and I wonder who will be the starting GK for the US. This is a very important 28 months for the USWNT. A lot of transition and many new players need to be developed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm very excited about this and I wonder who will be the starting GK for the US. This is a very important 28 months for the USWNT. A lot of transition and many new players need to be developed.
Naeher has the #1 shirt. So I'd expect her to.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She has certainly put in the time and waited her turn.
Well, all the keepers have been waiting. And Harris is actually 3 years older than Naeher.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well, all the keepers have been waiting. And Harris is actually 3 years older than Naeher.
You probably follow the WNT closer than I do. What's your opinion. Is it over forever between Solo and the national Team?

Reaction Score
Don't miss 18-year Mallory Pugh. She's USA Women's Soccer version of Crystal Dangerfield!

Reaction Score
You probably follow the WNT closer than I do. What's your opinion. Is it over forever between Solo and the national Team?

If Solo gets her act together ( a big "if"), I think she will be back. She is a lot better GK than Naeher or Harris. U.S. has a much better chance for the next Cup if Solo is healthy and back in net, even if she will be 37 at that point.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If Solo gets her act together ( a big "if"), I think she will be back. She is a lot better GK than Naeher or Harris. U.S. has a much better chance for the next Cup if Solo is healthy and back in net, even if she will be 37 at that point.

I really believe that USA Soccer wants her to just quietly go away. That wouldn't be my position, but everything I've seen and heard from them suggests to me that it is their position. USA Soccer is more likable and trustworthy than FIFA, but that is to damn with the faintest of praise.

Reaction Score
I really believe that USA Soccer wants her to just quietly go away. That wouldn't be my position, but everything I've seen and heard from them suggests to me that it is their position. USA Soccer is more likable and trustworthy than FIFA, but that is to damn with the faintest of praise.

I think US Soccer wants her to go away.....until they need her again. Solo is the best keeper in the history of the women's soccer. I think they found a perfect time to 'punish' her for past indiscretions because they didn't 'need' her for almost 3 years. If the US doesn't have a keeper step up and Solo is still the best option, then I feel the chances of her being back with USWNT for the 2019 WC, are about 100%.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think so. I think it should be. Although she is still one of the best in the world, at her age now, she is probably more problems than she is worth. We'll see how well Naeher and/or Harris do in this She Believes Cup. If they do ok, then there is no point in bringing her back.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't miss 18-year Mallory Pugh. She's USA Women's Soccer version of Crystal Dangerfield!

Brianna Pinto is on the team also. (not sure how much if any she'll get to play) She is 2 years younger than Pugh. (16)

FEAT-BriannaPinto-030416vJamaicaWomenU17.jpg

Reaction Score
Didn't see Pinto on the latest roster. Most conspicuously missing, of course, is Megan Rapinoe. I agree that Hope will not return to the WNT, though her contributions cannot and should not be minimized. There is something very sad about her situation. Love little Mallory; she's a magician. Glad there's some interest in women's soccer here on the BY because, as I have said, there's a lot that UConn and the WNT have in common in terms of quality of play, dedication, championship aspirations. Wonder if Geno might have made a good women's soccer coach like that guy down at Chapel Hill.

Reaction Score
I don't think Pinto is playing yet, but let's find out tonight.

Reaction Score

Love Danger but Mallory is a phenom right now---one of the 25 or 30 best women's soccer players in the country including college and professional. Danger is not one of the 25 or 30 best college wbb players. She has enormous potential and we all expect she will be by the end of her junior year but she is not yet a Mallory Pugh.

Another poster mentioned the similarities between the WNT and our huskies. The WNT's culture and success and the character of their players is indeed strikingly similar ours despite the shocking and disappointing early exit from the Olympics.

Reaction Score
I think US Soccer wants her to go away.....until they need her again. Solo is the best keeper in the history of the women's soccer. I think they found a perfect time to 'punish' her for past indiscretions because they didn't 'need' her for almost 3 years. If the US doesn't have a keeper step up and Solo is still the best option, then I feel the chances of her being back with USWNT for the 2019 WC, are about 100%.

Agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom