USA U19 World Championship team trial roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA U19 World Championship team trial roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even if Aja Wilson's college coach is the USA under 19 coach?
Yes, you either have both or I think you go with Stevens. Reason being is Aja gets a lot of praise because she has the potential to be versatile on offense. But it amazes me that analysts fail to mention there was a fresan last year doing the things that Aja is suppose to do in the future. I think that's what holding back WCBB. Analysts prefer to talk about the same players instead of variety. Why is it that some fans aren't aware of Leticia Romero outside of the KSU bs ? That falls on the analysts that analysis the game. Darn my rants...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, you either have both or I think you go with Stevens. Reason being is Aja gets a lot of praise because she has the potential to be versatile on offense. But it amazes me that analysts fail to mention there was a fresan last year doing the things that Aja is suppose to do in the future. I think that's what holding back WCBB. Analysts prefer to talk about the same players instead of variety. Why is it that some fans aren't aware of Leticia Romero outside of the KSU bs ? That falls on the analysts that analysis the game. Darn my rants...
Rant on. I enjoy your perspective. I think the analyst are in a tough position because they have to keep you interested in the current game and can't be dropping knowledge about a player that might never come up to the casual fan ever again. There were 4 great freshmen forwards this year IMO (Stevens, Turner, Wilson, and Hart of OSU). Turner & Wilson benefitted greatly from high profile recruitments and publicity, but Stevens and Hart maybe just as good/better. Speaking of Romero & FSU & ACC picked up a pretty good player recently in Maria Conde. Same Age group as Salvadores probably 2nd or 3rd best player on that Spanish team from this summer. 6'2" and can shoot it a little.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If Stevens isnt on the roster, than I will definitely boycott watching the USA team.... :cool: While I would prefer Salvadores to rest this summer.... I'll be watching Team Espana to see how she does

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Rant on. I enjoy your perspective. I think the analyst are in a tough position because they have to keep you interested in the current game and can't be dropping knowledge about a player that might never come up to the casual fan ever again. There were 4 great freshmen forwards this year IMO (Stevens, Turner, Wilson, and Hart of OSU). Turner & Wilson benefitted greatly from high profile recruitments and publicity, but Stevens and Hart maybe just as good/better. Speaking of Romero & FSU & ACC picked up a pretty good player recently in Maria Conde. Same Age group as Salvadores probably 2nd or 3rd best player on that Spanish team from this summer. 6'2" and can shoot it a little.

Stevens is really something. It'll be interesting to see how Wilson, Turner, and Stevens develop over their four years. Would like to see some head-to-head matchups. I guess Turner and Stevens will.

Reaction Score
You should not be surprised. Dawn like her bigs. Not that she is the decision maker but last year she had 5 Bigs on her USA team (Shepard, Mompremier, McCowan,Turner, & Wilson) only Wilson and Mompremier are back.

Sorry, I cant resist.

I'm wasn't surprised Brown didn't make the team.

Reaction Score
FWIW. I think they will both be on the team.
Here's my 12.
From the college ranks: Flaherty, Moore, Stephens, White, Williams and Aja Wilson.
From the HS ranks: Collier, Cox, Dangerfield, Durr, Holmes and KLS.

(I HAD to have Gabby and Dangerfield on the team. The other 10 I'm more comfortable with)

9 out of 12. Not bad though I'm still surprised that Joyner Holmes is not on the team. Tough competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom