USA U19 World Championship team trial roster | The Boneyard

USA U19 World Championship team trial roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If you told me only one ND player would be on the list, I definitely wouldn't have guessed Patberg.

Reaction Score
If you told me only one ND player would be on the list, I definitely wouldn't have guessed Patberg.

Remember, these are the players who accepted invitations. I don't know who was on the complete list of those who were invited.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If Aja Wilson is on that team and Stevens isnt...

I'd have to think they both have pretty good shots, but barring injury Wilson is a near lock.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was one surprise for me. It's the one that gives UConn 4 players at the trials.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe60...c7c711570&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe1810727c6c0d74761d72
If you are speaking of Dangerfield it should only be a mild surprise. I'm trying to go back and find the article but it is my understanding that she was caught "in between" trials last year. As in half way through one team trial she was told to go to a different team trial and did not catch on with either team.

Reaction Score
If Aja Wilson is on that team and Stevens isnt...

FWIW. I think they will both be on the team.
Here's my 12.
From the college ranks: Flaherty, Moore, Stephens, White, Williams and Aja Wilson.
From the HS ranks: Collier, Cox, Dangerfield, Durr, Holmes and KLS.

(I HAD to have Gabby and Dangerfield on the team. The other 10 I'm more comfortable with)

Reaction Score
If you are speaking of Dangerfield it should only be a mild surprise. I'm trying to go back and find the article but it is my understanding that she was caught "in between" trials last year. As in half way through one team trial she was told to go to a different team trial and did not catch on with either team.

No, not Dangerfield. I was thinking Gabby came as somewhat of a surprise. Because of her injuries, she has no history in USA basketball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
FWIW. I think they will both be on the team.
Here's my 12.
From the college ranks: Flaherty, Moore, Stephens, White, Williams and Aja Wilson.
From the HS ranks: Collier, Cox, Dangerfield, Durr, Holmes and KLS.

(I HAD to have Gabby and Dangerfield on the team. The other 10 I'm comfortable with)
No way both Brown and Anigwe not make this team. Anigwe is proving via Mcdonalds game and Jordan brand to be 2nd best post in the class.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Be very impressed if any 2016er makes that team. No Atkins or Turner???

Just for reference, these players made the final U18 last year
Collier, Paris Kea, Beatrice Mompremier, Mariya Moore, Destinee Walker, and A'ja Wilson

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No, not Dangerfield. I was thinking Gabby came as somewhat of a surprise. Because of her injuries, she has no history in USA basketball.
Yes big surprise given no USA basketball history. Good Lord- If Gabby get even a small confidence bump from making this team and playing well the rest of WCBB might be waving a white flag to UCONN by Thanksgiving if not earlier.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No Atkins or Turner??
Is it possible that the other ND players including (Turner) will tryout for different USA teams- World University Games and Pan American Games?

Reaction Score
No way both Brown and Anigwe not make this team. Anigwe is proving via Mcdonalds game and Jordan brand to be 2nd best post in the class.

I will be very surprised if Brown makes the team. Anigwe not so surprised. In order to get both Dangerfield and Williams on the team, I had to leave someone off.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Cooper was also on the U18 team last year. She had to drop out because of tonsil surgery.

I think she has a very good chance of making the team this year. I don't think Brown does.

There's also no guarantee that Aja will make the team. Any player who has a year of college experience if eligible for either the PanAm or WUG team. She may be needed on another team more than the U19.

Personally, I think the U19 should be for incoming freshman and HS players only. If you have played a year of college ball, go for one of the other teams. JMO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is it possible that the other ND players including (Turner) will tryout for different USA teams- World University Games and Pan American Games?
Possibly.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I will be very surprised if Brown makes the team. Anigwe not so surprised. In order to get both Dangerfield and Williams on the team, I had to leave someone off.
You should not be surprised. Dawn like her bigs. Not that she is the decision maker but last year she had 5 Bigs on her USA team (Shepard, Mompremier, McCowan,Turner, & Wilson) only Wilson and Mompremier are back.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Remember, these are the players who accepted invitations. I don't know who was on the complete list of those who were invited.

Guess not. It seems likely to me that Turner, Ogunbowale, and perhaps Marina Mabrey turned down invites.

Reaction Score
Yes big surprise given no USA basketball history. Good Lord- If Gabby get even a small confidence bump from making this team and playing well the rest of WCBB might be waving a white flag to UCONN by Thanksgiving if not earlier.
Can't say how much I like this---just the thought is impressive. Thank you!!!

Reaction Score
You should not be surprised. Dawn like her bigs. Not that she is the decision maker but last year she had 5 Bigs on her USA team (Shepard, Mompremier, McCowan,Turner, & Wilson) only Wilson and Mompremier are back.
True--look at the numbers of "bigs" on her team this past season. I was once in her camp of Bigs---Geno has proven there is more to just having Big's on the floor, wish I knew what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom