USA U18 3 X 3 Win FIBA Americas Title | The Boneyard

USA U18 3 X 3 Win FIBA Americas Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Team USA beat Canada 17-15 to win the FIBA Americas title. This in preparation for the FIBA World Championship held in Indonesia later this month. I'll try to link articles/video later.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link, Phil, but I sure wish USA basketball would provide more information than just the scores. Would it hurt to mention notable contributions by players on the teams? The article included quotes by Turner and the scores of each game when it seems as if someone must have been keeping tabs on other stats. Sadly USA basketball hasn't provided any semblance of a box score since the 2011 tournament.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link, Phil, but I sure wish USA basketball would provide more information than just the scores. Would it hurt to mention notable contributions by players on the teams? The article included quotes by Turner and the scores of each game when it seems as if someone must have been keeping tabs on other stats. Sadly USA basketball hasn't provided any semblance of a box score since the 2011 tournament.

It was a good game USA beat Canada pretty easily yesterday also beat the crap out of the Virgin Islands who looked like a high school jv team and Puerto Rico who looked like a bad high school varsity team. Turner looked good hit a 3 missed a couple, Gabby Green was decent drives hard to the basket takes an extra dribble that got bottled up twice. Samuelson talk loves the 3, a little slow laterally checking the smaller guards but at 6'3 they had trouble with her. The Ogurinde girl (I know it's mispelled) was the guard on the team. The 3x3 rules were a lot different as they had to clear the ball out on every change of possesion and switch after makes, 3 sec in the paint was funny too. Some games were streamed not sure if the girls were but that championship game was tight Chantelle Valentine from Canada was doing everything seemed like it was a different team than the day before and it may have been as rules became lax as the day went on with someone asking me if I wanted to play on a mens (not USA) team. Surprisingly there were 0 of the "national scouts" in attendance.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Interesting as the game was streamed on coachesaid, they played Canada earlier today not yesterday and kicked the stuff out of them. Final game was a little tight but from Turner and Green putting up some early unnecessary shots. Samuelsons D actually put USA up as she caused several turnovers, and Ogunbowale was used to post up a weaker Canada guard which was a good move to get some easy points.

Reaction Score
Interesting as the game was streamed on coachesaid, they played Canada earlier today not yesterday and kicked the stuff out of them. Final game was a little tight but from Turner and Green putting up some early unnecessary shots. Samuelsons D actually put USA up as she caused several turnovers, and Ogunbowale was used to post up a weaker Canada guard which was a good move to get some easy points.
Which game was that? Canada's only lead was 8-7 off of a Valentine lefty hook, then on the change of possesion Samuelson hit a 3 which counted as 2 to put USA up 9-7, then Turner got a wide open layup 10-7. USA never trailed afterwards. Video:http://telly.com/15LALH0

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
There were 3 empty possessions by USA, then Canada had TOs in the corner, then on # 7 and then pressured out of bounds. Is Valentine #7, I was scouting Willock.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There were 3 empty possessions by USA, then Canada had TOs in the corner, then on # 7 and then pressured out of bounds. Is Valentine #7, I was scouting Willock.
How did Eternati do?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Did anyone sprain an ankle? That may be the most important part of the event as we learned last year.

Reaction Score
Did anyone sprain an ankle? That may be the most important part of the event as we learned last year.

Samuelson went down for a few minutes people ran on the court. But she got up knocked down a ft then came back into the game later. Maybe that was the ankle but she seemed fine at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom