USA Today's Top 10 Schools for WBB -- Guess Who's #1? | The Boneyard

USA Today's Top 10 Schools for WBB -- Guess Who's #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From the article linked:

#5 - Vanderbilt has high ethnic diversity with 86% of the student body coming from out of state. It occupies 330 acres in the center of Music City. Its student to faculty ratio is 8 to 1. The Vanderbilt University Medical Center is the only Level I trauma center in the region.

Based on the info in red wouldn't this school be an ideal location for Duke coach, JPM, to go to coach. Considering all of the players who she has thrown under the bus, at least some of them would have a fighting chance to survive with the #1 trauma center in the area. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I highly question the value of these rankings, not the specific ratings or the methodology but the value. Seems like a lot of work to help may be 50 (@Max) High school kids each year decide where they are going go to college. I just can't see a kid deciding between UCONN, Duke, Baylor, Tenn, ND pausing and saying you know what I have not looked at Gonzaga-I should look at them because they made this list. I'm not slamming Gonzaga. Likewise I can't see a kid holding a scholarship offer from Vandy or Gonzaga holding out and saying you know what that UCONN or Duke offer is right around the corner so maybe I should wait. Who would use these rankings?

Reaction Score
From the article linked:

#5 - Vanderbilt has high ethnic diversity with 86% of the student body coming from out of state. It occupies 330 acres in the center of Music City. Its student to faculty ratio is 8 to 1. The Vanderbilt University Medical Center is the only Level I trauma center in the region.

Based on the info in red wouldn't this school be an ideal location for Duke coach, JPM, to go to coach. Considering all of the players who she has thrown under the bus, at least some of them would have a fighting chance to survive with the #1 trauma center in the area. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!! beautiful.

* Somebody please send a copy of this article to Lauren Cox and Joyner Holmes.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
USA Today's Top 10 Schools for WBB -- Guess Who's #1?
Pick me. Pick me. I know. I know.

87005-6278107Fr.jpg

Reaction Score
About a month ago I suggested that The Boneyard use a specific color for sarcasm since we don't have an emoticon that denotes it. I use whatever this color is. I now expand my request to all printed material because this article is a joke filled with sarcasm and might be harmful by influencing future recruits should they read it. Does anyone know how I would get some type of International petition started to make it mandatory to make sarcastic statements a certain color?

Reaction Score
Sloppy, stupid article. Did not mention UConn's undefeated 2014 season. Also, Duke is a fine school but they're not the third best in the country. How did they dream up that ranking?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sloppy, stupid article. Did not mention UConn's undefeated 2014 season. Also, Duke is a fine school but they're not the third best in the country. How did they dream up that ranking?

Taken from the article

College sports can be a great way to land a scholarship as well as launch a career playing professionally, teaching, coaching or working in the many sports-related fields in business, marketing or medicine. The key is choosing a college where you can be sure to get a great education along with the chance to play basketball.

The rankings below sort the top women’s basketball schools by the athletic success of the team, as well as the academic progress of the players.

Some of these teams may or not may make it into the Final Four, but they all are winners when it comes to the chance to play basketball while getting a great education. Check out the complete ranking and find out more about the methodology behind the ranking here.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Can't understand why UNC didn't make the top 10 if Duke did. Athletics: they're ranked higher in the AP and Coaches polls than the Devils. Academics: the much-better Tarheel students earn 4.0 GPAs without even breaking a sweat. Something is fishy about these College Factual ratings.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can't understand why UNC didn't make the top 10 if Duke did. Athletics: they're ranked higher in the AP and Coaches polls than the Devils. Academics: the much-better Tarheel students earn 4.0 GPAs without even breaking a sweat. Something is fishy about these College Factual ratings.

They were #31.

Wake forest was #12 by the way.

Jim

Reaction Score
Silly of them to factor in academics among other things in making that poll.
Yup, The key is choosing a college where you can be sure to get a great education...

"I'm not pleased with our team's toughness. We really need to be strong on the court. It was a good lesson for us, but not at all the kind of basketball we play."

"Obviously we didn’t do our part to make it a better game. This is a tough lesson for us and a good opportunity for others. We can take what we learn and grow from it."

"We didn’t do what we needed to do. You can’t take everything away from what they’ve done and our season ends on a very learning note."

"Yeah, it was a good game, and hard fought. We've got some great lessons learned for us as we grow in this season, and I think it's a really great thing . . ."

"I have to give credit to this things Stanford did. There’s some lessons for us and I’m sure some lessons I’ll take with us."
'
"This is exactly how we’ve been playing all year. It was consistent and more of the same. We’ve played some great 20 minute ball but we’ve been pretty much non-existent for 40 minute ball. . . . There were some great lessons to learn from."

"We took a lot of shots, and I think, hopefully, we’re going to learn a valuable lesson when we watch the film,"

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Duke is #3, and Vandy is #5 ahead of UTenn???

Oh, oh, head for the hills. A riot is gonna break out.

The hills is whar they ARE;, Dobbsi!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

Something is fishy about UNC!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, rating Vandy over UT is just a bit ????? And where is L'ville??

Reaction Score
Taken from the article

College sports can be a great way to land a scholarship as well as launch a career playing professionally, teaching, coaching or working in the many sports-related fields in business, marketing or medicine. The key is choosing a college where you can be sure to get a great education along with the chance to play basketball.

The rankings below sort the top women’s basketball schools by the athletic success of the team, as well as the academic progress of the players.

Some of these teams may or not may make it into the Final Four, but they all are winners when it comes to the chance to play basketball while getting a great education. Check out the complete ranking and find out more about the methodology behind the ranking here.
If they went to ND (ranked below Duke on that list), they could get a top-tier education AND get developed as a player.

Reaction Score
His teams were undefeated in 1995, 2002, 2009 and 2010.

Did anyone else notice they forgot the undefeated 2014 season????

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If they went to ND (ranked below Duke on that list), they could get a top-tier education AND get developed as a player.

1) but they would have to live in the drab midwestern town of South Bend as opposed to the vibrant Research Triangle :rolleyes:

2) they would have to wear some of the ugliest uniforms known to man and womankind :eek:

3) they wouldnt have the honor to be cheered on by loyal fans like myself ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
1) but they would have to live in the drab midwestern town of South Bend as opposed to the vibrant Research Triangle :rolleyes:

2) they would have to wear some of the ugliest uniforms known to man and womankind :eek:

3) they wouldnt have the honor to be cheered on by loyal fans like myself ;)
What's wrong with these nice sacks from four years back? I'm sure most young women would love to wear them to their local potato peeling contest.

Becca+Bruszewski+NCAA+Women+Basketball+Tournament+fkf5Np5owKVl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc