USA Basketball Q&A: Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Q&A: Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dee&Sue.jpg

Nobody knows the dynamics of the U.S. women's basketball national team better than guards Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi. Between them, they have six Olympic gold medals and five world championships, and they're into their second decade with USA Basketball. They hope to make their fourth Olympic squad next year, playing for their former coach at UConn, Geno Auriemma.

After the Americans ended their three-day USA Basketball team training camp in Las Vegas this week, espnW asked Bird, 34, and Taurasi, 32, to break it down for us. The Seattle Storm's Bird played in the camp, while the Phoenix Mercury's Taurasi, who is recovering from a broken hand, was there observing.

[LINK]

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No one knows the game better than theses two.

I love the look that Sue gives Dee--part admiration, part laughter, and part, OMG, I can't believe you said that.

Reaction Score
More from the U.S. women's basketball camp:

Geno Auriemma said it might be difficult for younger guards to make the 2016 Rio roster, but that we might see changes among the posts.

"We got an opportunity to see some players that we don't really get a chance to watch play in person, because we're overseas in the winter," Olympic veteran Seimone Augustus of the Minnesota Lynx said of the camp participants who are still in college or haven't made their pro debuts yet. "We get to really see their growth and development. And as far as the players already in the WNBA, it's an opportunity to get together and bond."

[LINK] to full article.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Grizzled...I'll give you grizzled!" Someone has a death wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom