USA 3 x 3 vs Venezuela 5:40 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://www.olympic.org/nanjing-2014-youth-Olympics

Game about to begin.

USA off to a slow start. Lead 1-0 after a minute. Seem to be relying on outside shots, instead of getting the ball inside like they have in most other games.

USA lead 7-3 after 3 minutes of play

USA leads 16-7 after 5 minutes of play Katie is not playing

USA wins 21-7 with 3:52 left in the game. Padilla of Venezuela would help some College WBB teams. She scored all of their points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saw the last five minutes or so; didn't see Katie play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier is laughably good. I find myself just laughing at the things she does now. What a display of hands, skill, constant motion, athleticism....She put on a show. Boykin was really good too, much better than the other games I've seen. KLS didn't play.

But again, this whole tourney has been Collier's. She drained three long range jumpers, blocked several shots, rebounded like Dennis Rodman at times, and continued to show her great knack of scoring around the hoop. She's been shooting poorly from the foul line but looked really good on her last 3-4 attempts. Anyone who doesn't think she's the best player in her class at this point is kidding themselves.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA plays Estonia at 8:00 AM in the quarter finals. Don't think the game will be streamed. Scheduled for Court 2. Estonia has some outside shooters, but USA should easily win.

Estonia beat Taiwan 14-10 to make it to quarter finals.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec pointed out that besides USA only Belgium from Group B made it to the Quarter Finals. Group A definitely the stronger group.

Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier is laughably good. I find myself just laughing at the things she does now. What a display of hands, skill, constant motion, athleticism....She put on a show. Boykin was really good too, much better than the other games I've seen. KLS didn't play.

But again, this whole tourney has been Collier's. She drained three long range jumpers, blocked several shots, rebounded like Dennis Rodman at times, and continued to show her great knack of scoring around the hoop. She's been shooting poorly from the foul line but looked really good on her last 3-4 attempts. Anyone who doesn't think she's the best player in her class at this point is kidding themselves.

I agree. It has been such a treat to see all of the incoming 2015 freshmen in Olympic play. I wish we had the same visibility to the 2014 group.

Collier has been crazy good the past month plus of play. And, it shows a lot about her grit to consider the time she has spent on the road with almost back to back Olympic tournaments. Tip of the hat to her that she is successful and we all seem to be made so happy by watching her. I too find myself laughing at what she does without seeming effort. And she is smart. There was a noticeable moment in the game with Venezuela when you could see her recognize that the team was getting 2-point happy and drove inside. Actually, the whole team seemed to self correct. Amazing stuff.

I have enjoyed getting to see Boykin as well. She is tough and her character seems to steady those around her. Absolutely loved that first sequence of plays in a previous game when she blocked a shot and immediately gained the ball and drained a long range shot. I feel that is what she is like when she reacts with less time to think. I know she will do well at UCONN and can't wait to see it.

More impressively, I don't think I have seen a single play in which the UCONN three have neglected to help team mates on defense. They have all been top notch for the entire tournament in both personality and play.

Reaction Score
USA plays Estonia at 8:00 AM in the quarter finals. Don't think the game will be streamed. Scheduled for Court 2. Estonia has some outside shooters, but USA should easily win.

Estonia beat Taiwan 14-10 to make it to quarter finals.
looks like they made an on the fly change and are streaming USA game.

Reaction Score
coco---When did the contest begin--i had no idea it was initiated.
My admiration of Collier began as i watched her nearly 2 years ago while she played for the USA.
She was then as she is now a fantastic player--since that time some had been less than generous about her abilities--so I was point out truisms.
With that posting of Sluhusky--he /she saw what i saw and was a bit more hyped. Shows a higher level of intelligence. Pat pat pat. (on my back).
In the future you shall see many more posting of the greatness and abilities of Napheesa Collier
If I'm not mistaken you too posted high praise of Collier early on--or am I mistaken.
i too have high praise of Crystal Dangerfield and Katie lou--
Just like God does not make trash--Geno does not select poor players (usually).

Reaction Score
Here's a link to a complete game from the 2014 Youth Olympic Games. Napheesa completely dominated the game, making it look almost like one on three :p:(:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom