US World Cup Qualifying | Page 8 | The Boneyard

US World Cup Qualifying

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
All bets are off when the US isn't getting world class goalkeeping.

Reaction Score
All bets are off when the US isn't getting world class goalkeeping.

Good point, but I don't think it was ever that good. We've never had a true world class player that wouldn't look out of place in an all world best 11.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good point, but I don't think it was ever that good. We've never had a true world class player that wouldn't look out of place in an all world best 11.

Well whoever runs the show can not put Guzan in a WCQ ever again.

Reaction Score
That was just horrible. Probably the worst I've seen the USA play in quite some time. :mad: Time for some changes.

They gave-up. I actually turned-off the game after the 3rd Tico goal. No identity, no heart, no defense, etc.

Reaction Score
5. Jones, coming off his injury at his age, should not have been asked to go back out there and start last night. But he and Bradley were just not good enough over these two games. Whether or not there is a coaching change, new options need to be explored. Whether it's playing Klejstan (who I thought earned more of a chance of the last round of qualifiers), getting Fielhaber back into camp, trying a new pure defensive Beckerman type (whether we give Morales more of a look or try Dax McCarty or Kitchen) to pair with Sachs or Benny, whatever. I'm just afraid we're past the "use by" date on Bradley and JOnes.

Klejstan should have started for Jones; but, JK clearly has his favorites and his dogs and it looks like it may have cost him this team and quite possibly his job. The broadcast team really lost it when JK subbed Gooch for Pulisic. While pull our top creative player off of the field for one of the team's fastest? Was JK saving him for Dortmund's big game against Bayern? Let them play together instead because someone needs to be able to get Pulisic the ball. Down 3 to 0, yes go on the attack, pull Timmy (please may he never been seen in a USMNT kit again) drop Johnson back to LB and slot in Gouch to add some speed. Ditto for Jones who was out of gas. I am also done with Guzan. While most of the blame lies with the defense, it does not have Howard's presence. If Howard is not starting, its time to give Horvath some quality big game minutes as he is likely the guy for 2018 and beyond.

Ill-disciplined and ill-managed: a guide to USA's Costa Rica debacle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom