Us vs the field | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Us vs the field

Reaction Score
The point you've whiffed on several times is performance over a two-year period. It was never about roster composition.
Which is my point, that's a dumb comparison. Any comparison ignoring roster composition is not worth the time of day. What we're doing is so unique with the roster turnover we had. Maybe if you put a 4th laughing emoji I'll finally get it though

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
-150 odds that we make the Final Four. Has there ever been a line like that??

Reaction Score
Is it though? I don't really see the 2007 vs 2024 parallel. Their top 7 rotation players all returned for the 2007 season, we lost our 3 best players to the NBA
Per Basketball Reference. 5 future NBA players returned and added a 6th in 2007. We lost 5 players, 3 to the NBA, Joey C graduated, and Alleyne transferred.

2006-2007 Florida roster - only Speights wasn't on the 2005-2006 roster
NBA Bound
Jr Taurean Green
Jr Al Horford
Jr Corey Brewe
Jr Joakim Noah
Sr Chris Richard
Fr Marreese Speights

Sr Lee Humphrey
So Walter Hodge

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Which is my point, that's a dumb comparison. Any comparison ignoring roster composition is not worth the time of day. What we're doing is so unique with the roster turnover we had. Maybe if you put a 4th laughing emoji I'll finally get it though

And yet here you are spending time arguing over something you don't value.

You can spend energy on roster composition.

This started off talking about program performance relative to the rest of the NCAA basketball teams over a 2 year performance for Florida and the 1 3/4 years so far for UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So, Mrs Diesel tonight came at me with a "I don't understand how you can like sour cream but not like mayonnaise."

I told her they are completely different. I said sour cream is made from milk and some sort of acid or culture. Mayo is made of eggs, vinegar, oil and spices. They are nothing alike.

She said they have the same look and consistency and it's weird because everything which makes up mayo is food I like.

I looked at her like she was an alien.

I have no idea how this relates to UConn and Florida but it seems germane.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
FanDuel is seriously -150? But you can get +110 on DraftKings? Wow.

-150 is just wild.
Nah I got it flipped it’s actually -105 lol

Still wild to have those kind of odds to go to the Final Four. Seriously wonder if that’s ever happened before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom