Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you talking about Johnson or Singare? Because Samson went toe to toe with one of the biggest, strongest center in our league last night.
The original point was that someone wanted to bring in a 5 as backup to DC via the portal. I thought SJ did ok, but Soriano was guarding Castle a lot. No one really bothered guarding SJ. They were focused on not letting our shooters get open 3s.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The original point was that someone wanted to bring in a 5 as backup to DC via the portal. I thought SJ did ok, but Soriano was guarding Castle a lot. No one really bothered guarding SJ. They were focused on not letting our shooters get open 3s.
Soriano knocked Castle on his butt three times in the first half and no fouls were called. Castle also guarded Soriano at times

Reaction Score
Sorry I’m confused. You stated he wasn‘t beefy enough to hold down the 5 against some guys. I counted with his performance last night where he certainly held his own. Soriano was held under his seasonal averages. I assumed you were talking on the defensive end. On the offensive end Samson had his best game of his career.

Reaction Score
Sorry I’m confused. You stated he wasn‘t beefy enough to hold down the 5 against some guys. I counted with his performance last night where he certainly held his own. Soriano was held under his seasonal averages. I assumed you were talking on the defensive end. On the offensive end Samson had his best game of his career.
I stated MY opinion. If you think he’s big enough, great.

Reaction Score
I stated MY opinion. If you think he’s big enough, great.
This is something we always worry about, but it almost never actually matters. No one plays through the low post anymore.
If it mattered, Soriano would have killed us last night.
We were fortunate to have Sanogo/Clingan last season. Fortunate mostly because no one ever has that combo of size and skill from the 5 spot.
No one plays back to the basket anymore. Sanogo was a dinosaur (a great one). Length (wingspan/standing reach) is more important now.

Reaction Score
Aside from the measurable production, Clingan is missed because he helps direct traffic on the offensive end and he can over the top of the press and presents a big target against it. He is also a good passer for a big.
his screen game is far better than SJ's. Johnson does okay, but is not nearly as active and crisp as DC....and the offense hasn't learned to be as effective while utilizing SJ's strengths yet.

Reaction Score
Just to register this take:

Even though the stated timeline was "3-4 weeks," which would put Clingan in line to come back vs. Creighton on January 17, it wouldn't surprise me -- given the narrative and supposed griping from his dad that we rushed him back too soon the first time, and the fact that we have a "bye week" after Villanova on 1/20 -- if we hold him out until January 28 vs. Xavier.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Even though the stated timeline was "3-4 weeks," which would put Clingan in line to come back vs. Creighton on January 17, it wouldn't surprise me -- given the narrative and supposed griping from his dad that we rushed him back too soon the first time, and the fact that we have a "bye week" after Villanova on 1/20 -- if we hold him out until January 28 vs. Xavier.
Hopefully whenever he comes back he doesn't have the extra pounds he had earlier.

Reaction Score
What griping was his dad doing?
Rumor was that he had posted on Twitter a few weeks ago saying they should have held him out for another month until he was fully healthy. Not sure if we should read anything into the fact that that's basically what we're doing now.

Reaction Score
Rumor was that he had posted on Twitter a few weeks ago saying they should have held him out for another month until he was fully healthy. Not sure if we should read anything into the fact that that's basically what we're doing now.
As I posted when that got posted and then taken down a few minutes later, I'm assuming the player and family have a say. Nobody can make the player play. I'm also assuming they and the coaches listen to the doctors in these situations. Coaches aren't playing a player without the doctors' blessings.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Correct. Thanks.

It was a tweet that was taken down from an account that was deactivated and people were just guessing who posted it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope Clingan has one of those Lloyd’s of London insurance policies. Regardless. We won’t see him back next year so enjoy him while we can

Reaction Score
He just called you out.

IMG_4566.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Not the case.

Reaction Score
Yea i wouldn't be posting too many rumors !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom