Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My pure speculation

Hurley sits Clingan on Saturday even though he can go, giving him another 10 days to rest whatever is ailing him, 13 days total

I think we're going to be dealing with Donovan's feet the whole season

25 minutes max per game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
35 replies to the OP and not a single poster chiming in about the time 12 years ago when they were in their mid-30's how they recovered from their ankle sprain and giving us their opinion on when DC will be able to come back.

And posters on this board are calling players soft and just going through the motions??
I know, right? Or at least a post about how how long somebody's 50 year old wife took to recover from an ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
My pure speculation

Hurley sits Clingan on Saturday even though he can go, giving him another 10 days to rest whatever is ailing him, 13 days total

I think we're going to be dealing with Donovan's feet the whole season

25 minutes max per game
I would bet on this outcome

CL82

Reaction Score
Hurley sits Clingan on Saturday even though he can go
Maybe Clingan would be healthier if Hurley would just stop sitting on him?

Reaction Score
Question. Do ALL UConn players get their ankles taped before EVERY practice and game? I was shocked, after having had my ankles taped before every practice and game by my high school coach, that they were NEVER taped by my college staff. FYI, I played (full disclosure, it was the Frosh squad) for an ultimately very well-known, successful ND coach. He was my coach at Penn.
his one year at Fordham was magical

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just doubt Singare is an option for more than spot minutes. And Johnson us goig. 35 minutes. So, Karaban at the 5 is gonna happen and the Huskies gonna play small and fast.

That or Jayden Ross/Stewart get some time.
Thanks for the Friday AM comedy
What is sad is that it is laughable - absolutely no reason not to give your "coveted freshmen 5" any appreciable playing time during the OOC early season vs the scrubs, But burying these teams take precedent over player development.
Placing AK at the 5 is ridiculous to do to him. It eliminates his strengths completely and will create foul issues for him. UConn played small and fast (actually slow) vs SH and we all saw what happened. St John's guards are just as quick as SH's.
Johnson wont last 35 at the 5 due to foul issues.

Reaction Score
It's possible that Clingan's injury could help the team in the long run. Learning to play with a small lineup. Could help for that inevitable game where Clingan is on the bench in foul trouble. If they learn to play at a high level without him, it could add they option of taking him out of the game down the stretch to avoid other teams putting him on the line in a tight game.

Reaction Score
It's possible that Clingan's injury could help the team in the long run. Learning to play with a small lineup. Could help for that inevitable game where Clingan is on the bench in foul trouble. If they learn to play at a high level without him, it could add they option of taking him out of the game down the stretch to avoid other teams putting him on the line in a tight game.
This is crazy. He was finally starting to look like himself again a couple of months after the initial injury and now he might miss more time and will have to restart the conditioning process again. Not ideal at all.

Reaction Score

No not from what I saw. Killed on the boards night in night out won’t end well.

Samson is comparable to Hassan. Ask them to play 30 minutes and you’re just not as good of a team and it will show. We need people healthy or it could get ugly.

Reaction Score
This is crazy. He was finally starting to look like himself again a couple of months after the initial injury and now he might miss more time and will have to restart the conditioning process again. Not ideal at all.
I was not saying playing without Clingan was a good thing.. my point is most likely, because of foul trouble or injury, they will have to play without him at some point. It would be beneficial if they can learn to adapt.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hurley said it was a sprained ankle. I don’t think he has any incentive to lie about it.
Shrugging Season 5 GIF by NBC

Reaction Score
The only way that this is helpful is if he's back soon enough to ramp up to his peak form in March. It had taken him until now to start showing game-fitness and he hadn't even really arrived yet.

Reaction Score
We need someone besides DC in the frontcourt whose not afraid to bang on the boards. Why do we constantly have guards leading the team in rebounding???? It's nice that they contribute well but where are the bigs? Karaban and Samson looked like beanpoles compared to Hall players. If the refereeing in this game is indicative of what is to come in the league then we will be in trouble.
The SH players were all like 30! And how old is Soriano. Another guy that feels like he has been around forever.

Reaction Score
Nope. The energy they brought was funeralesque
Question is, why? Are they all sick? Did they party all night? Or did they let the refs suck the life out of them? They just flat out looked rattled. They need to learn how to score while being fouled.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Without DC it is going to be a challenge. I hope I am wrong but my guess is we do not see him again for 4-6 weeks. I don’t know anything. I know what I read, what I can piece together and try not to be misled. When you have no information at all I tend to default to expecting the worst and being pleasantly surprised if it is better. Unfortunately as I write this I am starting to think that 4-6 weeks may be good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom