Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

This doesn’t seem good. Singare better get ready to get his big boy pants on.

Samson needs to be a lot better on the boards than what he’s shown this season as well.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It seemed weird to me from the jump that a 7' 2" big man with a foot injury was coming back while he was still visibly in pain to me. Then upon further injury.. kept playing even vs the likes of Pine Bluff.

Now I'm sure someone will chime in and say we don't know what the staff knows or were not entitled to know...which of course... But given he's injured yet again.. seems like there's enough there to at least question the process.

Reaction Score
Question. Do ALL UConn players get their ankles taped before EVERY practice and game? I was shocked, after having had my ankles taped before every practice and game by my high school coach, that they were NEVER taped by my college staff. FYI, I played (full disclosure, it was the Frosh squad) for an ultimately very well-known, successful ND coach. He was my coach at Penn.

Generally unless you've injured your ankle before (and usually a couple times), you don't tape. Even then most players don't unless it's botherinf them. Taping makes them weaker in the long and slows recovery so it's good to avoid it.

I'm sure one of the docs on here would know more about it, but that's pretty much standard on every team I've seen.

Reaction Score
Generally unless you've injured your ankle before (and usually a couple times), you don't tape. Even then most players don't unless it's botherinf them. Taping makes them weaker in the long and slows recovery so it's good to avoid it.

I'm sure one of the docs on here would know more about it, but that's pretty much standard on every team I've seen.
Just adding some additional context here for anyone curious, I don't know how it works in basketball at all, but a lot of football programs make getting taped mandatory before all practices and games. The SEC program I worked at actually made players run and do extra conditioning after practice if they didn't stop by the training room to get taped.

Not disagreeing with you at all, just figured I'd chime in with my experience.

Reaction Score
Spencer would do a better job than Singare in this nightmare scenario
You rather have Spencer a smallish guard guading soriano than Singare who is a legit 6-10 with long arms? At least he offers height and he will see time in Center if Clingan can't play wheter you like it or not.

Reaction Score
With the long layoff, I would probably my sit Clingan unless swelling is down. Just not need to force him.

As far as singare. Should be ready for a couple of minutes, but I would imagine the non-Samson minutes will got to Karaban at the 5. Could then bring in Stewart at the 4.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
With the long layoff, I would probably my sit Clingan unless swelling is down. Just not need to force him.

As far as singare. Should be ready for a couple of minutes, but I would imagine the non-Samson minutes will got to Karaban at the 5. Could then bring in Stewart at the 4.

Karaban struggles with bigger and/or quicker 4s, he'd get eaten alive by guys like Soriano.

I'd rather throw Singare on him and just use up the 5 fouls as opposed to getting Karaban into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Karaban struggles with bigger and/or quicker 4s, he'd get eaten alive by guys like Soriano.

I'd rather throw Singare on him and just use up the 5 fouls as opposed to getting Karaban into foul trouble.
Good point about the fouls.

Reaction Score

I just doubt Singare is an option for more than spot minutes. And Johnson us goig. 35 minutes. So, Karaban at the 5 is gonna happen and the Huskies gonna play small and fast.

That or Jayden Ross/Stewart get some time.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
There are many on here that continually can't spell the first names of the current players correctly. You're expecting them to correctly spell the first names of players who played here 30+ years ago? :)
It still matters to some of us olds.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak