Updated Scholarship Grid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Scholarship Grid

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you stockpile 5 stars and there’s not enough PT. I’ve preached this for years that PT is the what players crave the most and will leave without it. Hurley has been able to build rosters with depth, hope we keep our players.
This 100%. Sure, you can bring in the top recruiting class in the nation, but how are they going to mesh with the existing players, and how is the PT going to be distributed! That's why Dan Hurley is the carpenter! Rather have a well constructed roster that blends together where all players know their role, than a bunch of 5-stars who all want to be starters out of the gate.

Enjoying watching the Duke meltdown! They've lost 9 players from this years roster:

TJ Power - portal
Jeremy Roach - portal
Jaylen Blakes - portal
Mark Mitchell - portal
Jaden Schutt - portal
Christian Reeves - portal
Kyle Filipowski - NBA
Jared McCain - NBA
Ryan Young - no more eligibility

Reaction Score
Can you believe how Duke is losing their whole team just about? And they are going to be preseason top 5?
When you're bringing in 6 of the top 20 recruits, that happens. Not a winning formula, but grabs attention.

Reaction Score
and yet ball, stewart, ross, and singare all are sticking around, while equivalently played players at duke are noping out. (hope i don't eat my words on this one...)

Oh and johnson despite being "recruited over" with reed.
Well that's the point, because they see the path to playing time (outside of Singare, they must have pitched him on the Johnson path) whereas Duke recruits over their roster every year. People keep trying to have us bring starting quality transfers in, but that will lead to someone of those guys transferring out, guaranteed.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This 100%. Sure, you can bring in the top recruiting class in the nation, but how are they going to mesh with the existing players, and how is the PT going to be distributed! That's why Dan Hurley is the carpenter! Rather have a well constructed roster that blends together where all players know their role, than a bunch of 5-stars who all want to be starters out of the gate.

Enjoying watching the Duke meltdown! They've lost 9 players from this years roster:

TJ Power - portal
Jeremy Roach - portal
Jaylen Blakes - portal
Mark Mitchell - portal
Jaden Schutt - portal
Kyle Filipowski - NBA
Jared McCain - NBA
A completely new team of highly paid 17 year olds and transfers from every corner of the country. This is going to be a mess.

Reaction Score
Well that's the point, because they see the path to playing time (outside of Singare, they must have pitched him on the Johnson path) whereas Duke recruits over their roster every year. People keep trying to have us bring starting quality transfers in, but that will lead to someone of those guys transferring out, guaranteed.
DH seems to be trying to remain conscious of providing access to PT to the players he sees having a future here. But I suspect that is going to hold more with transfers (where he can) than with recruits. I suspect the plan for the next recruiting cycle is going to focus on the very heavily on top of the class (much like this past class).

Reaction Score
DH seems to be trying to remain conscious of providing access to PT to the players he sees having a future here. But I suspect that is going to hold more with transfers (where he can) than with recruits. I suspect the plan for the next recruiting cycle is going to focus on the very heavily on top of the class (much like this past class).
My guess is the recruiting pattern will be 2-3 guys with 2-3 year development arcs (top 50-75 guys) that can carry the culture for multiple years that can form the team's backbone. Sprinkling in a 5* here or there just like transfers.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you stockpile 5 stars and there’s not enough PT. I’ve preached this for years that PT is the what players crave the most and will leave without it. Hurley has been able to build rosters with depth, hope we keep our players.
Yeah you have to strike a balance between bringing in new talent and giving players you already have a legit opportunity. Losing guys to the portal is not a good look IMO. Hurley and co have done much better than most in that regard.

As a fan, I'd rather develop players. Championships are great and I def want more, but we don't wanna become a program of mercenaries only. I wanna see Solo and Stewie and players like them carry the team as far as they'll take it. So far it looks like that's the strategy for next year, and I'm here for it.

Reaction Score
Yeah you have to strike a balance between bringing in new talent and giving players you already have a legit opportunity. Losing guys to the portal is not a good look IMO. Hurley and co have done much better than most in that regard.

As a fan, I'd rather develop players. Championships are great and I def want more, but we don't wanna become a program of mercenaries only. I wanna see Solo and Stewie and players like them carry the team as far as they'll take it. So far it looks like that's the strategy for next year, and I'm here for it.
Freshman forward Jayden Ross was the only player not with the team at the Capitol. Hurley said nothing should be read into that. Ross, Hurley said, was sick. Hurley then praised Ross and two other freshmen, Solo Ball and Jaylin Stewart.

“I hope he didn’t stay on campus to go to compliance,” Hurley said of Ross. “I don’t think so. We feel good about J-Ross, Solo and J-Stew. For us to stay where we are, they’ve got to take big jumps.”

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
TJ Power - portal
Jeremy Roach - portal
Jaylen Blakes - portal
Mark Mitchell - portal
Jaden Schutt - portal
Kyle Filipowski - NBA
Jared McCain - NBA
Sounds more like speed dating than #brotherhood.

Reaction Score
I’ll be shocked if Hass is not coming back. I expect AK to be gone, tho obviously that’s not said and done.
Got it. Just want to make sure we leave the lights on for them in case we need to make room on the roster if necessary.

Reaction Score
Traore, Brea, McNeely, Powers is my hope.
1713564228638.gif

Reaction Score
Feels like the goal is two of McNeeley, Mahaney, Brea.
Why does it feel like that? McNeeley yes.

The others are exactly where a couple dozen are players in the portal are: UConn checked in.

Poe

Reaction Score
Why is Diarra not on the grid? Is it because he doesn’t use up a scholarship if he returns?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
@aburks41 said Claudes parents are mental. Pass
Just to clarify, this is what Xavier fans on Trilly's discord have been saying for the past week. I'll trust their judgement, they know better than anyone

Nothing against the kid (especially as he's a local) and I won't address the message board rumor about his parents.

I do wish him the best but I have seen nothing about his game that indicates he would be a piece of the puzzle with what we do here.

Reaction Score
Why is Diarra not on the grid? Is it because he doesn’t use up a scholarship if he returns?
He hasn't officially officially announced his return.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom