Updated Scholarship Grid | The Boneyard

Updated Scholarship Grid

Reaction Score
JMzsZ32.png

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Larrier have a 6th year of eligibility? He had 3 three years left entering this season didn't he?

Reaction Score
Pending medical and NBA decisions we may have 3 opens next year. Not definite, but a possibility.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There must be a mistake. 2017-18 and 2018-19 are the exact same except for the color.

Reaction Score
We've also retired 6 NBA players over the past 3 years that all left early.
Can Ray Allen, RIP or Emeka, Khalid, Caron, CharlieV or Ben Gordon come back!?

Reaction Score
God we need a big in '17-'18 so bad. Assuming Jalen comes back, all the other pieces will be there.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
God we need a big in '17-'18 so bad. Assuming Jalen comes back, all the other pieces will be there.
Possible grad transfer we should be targeting:

Ronald Delph from Florida Atlantic

7-foot, 245-lb center averaging 12 points/9.5 rebounds/2.4 blocks on 60% FG/53% FT (68% last year so he's decent from the line)

Started his career at Auburn but never played a game for them.

Reaction Score

Yup. Among bigs, only Enoch and Durham will have played a minute of college basketball. Diarra is a question mark, and Carlton isn't very highly touted.

Reaction Score
Such a small team next year. Here’s my projected lineup for 2017-2018 according to that grid:

4-Diarra, Durham
3- Larrier, Jackson, Polley
5 - Enoch, Carlton
2-Adams, Vital
1- Gilbert, Ashton-Langford

Reaction Score
Assuming everyone stays for full eligibility we only have 2 open scholarships for the next 2 years....I really hope they make them count....can't afford any whiffs or projects. Obviously JA and/or TL may only stay 1 more year but either way let's get those 2 recruits right.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Assuming everyone stays for full eligibility we only have 2 open scholarships for the next 2 years....I really hope they make them count....can't afford any whiffs or projects. Obviously JA and/or TL may only stay 1 more year but either way let's get those 2 recruits right.
This is why I want postgrads at those two spots. We know that Mobley and Delph (to pick two names from the list) can excel or at least contribute at the college level, and do so from Day 1.

Imagine if we had next year's returning players, plus Gibbs to play off of Adams and Miller to play the 4. We'd all take that in a heartbeat, right?

And then if things go well in 2017/18 we lose those two guys, plus Adams & Larrier to the draft. That would leave us with the following scholarship grid for the 2018-19 season:

PG: Gilbert (RS-So), MAL (So)
SG: Vital (Jr)
SF: Jackson (Jr), Polley (So)
PF: Durham (Jr), Diarra (RS-So)
C: Enoch (Sr), Carleton (So)

That, above, would be the first legitimately experienced & balanced roster Ollie has had since the title team -- one where there's depth and knowhow at each position, so that there wouldn't have to be late-in-the-recruiting-process shots at postgrads, transfers, jucos, et al.

Now let's add a reasonable 2018 recruiting class to it:

PG: Jahvon Quinerly (#28 overall, Jersey City)
SG: AJ Reeves (#75 overall, Boston)
C: Emmanuel Dowuona (#220 overall, Miami)

That means we'd enter the 2018-19 season with 12 players, eight of which were consensus 4-star players. We'd finally have something approaching the veteran spine of highly rated players that were the foundation of our consistently great teams from 1994 to 2006, as well as the room to take a swing at 5-stars like Cam Reddish or Simi Shittu in the class of '18. If we land one of those guys, awesome. If we don't, it's not devastating at all.

In short: It's been a long road back to stability. I think we need a couple of more band-aids this spring, but then a solid 2018 class (and some good health for a change) will get us back to where we want to be.

Reaction Score
This is why I want postgrads at those two spots. We know that Mobley and Delph (to pick two names from the list) can excel or at least contribute at the college level, and do so from Day 1.

Imagine if we had next year's returning players, plus Gibbs to play off of Adams and Miller to play the 4. We'd all take that in a heartbeat, right?

And then if things go well in 2017/18 we lose those two guys, plus Adams & Larrier to the draft. That would leave us with the following scholarship grid for the 2018-19 season:

PG: Gilbert (RS-So), MAL (So)
SG: Vital (Jr)
SF: Jackson (Jr), Polley (So)
PF: Durham (Jr), Diarra (RS-So)
C: Enoch (Sr), Carleton (So)

That, above, would be the first legitimately experienced & balanced roster Ollie has had since the title team -- one where there's depth and knowhow at each position, so that there wouldn't have to be late-in-the-recruiting-process shots at postgrads, transfers, jucos, et al.

Now let's add a reasonable 2018 recruiting class to it:

PG: Jahvon Quinerly (#28 overall, Jersey City)
SG: AJ Reeves (#75 overall, Boston)
C: Emmanuel Dowuona (#220 overall, Miami)

That means we'd enter the 2018-19 season with 12 players, eight of which were consensus 4-star players. We'd finally have something approaching the veteran spine of highly rated players that were the foundation of our consistently great teams from 1994 to 2006, as well as the room to take a swing at 5-stars like Cam Reddish or Simi Shittu in the class of '18. If we land one of those guys, awesome. If we don't, it's not devastating at all.

In short: It's been a long road back to stability. I think we need a couple of more band-aids this spring, but then a solid 2018 class (and some good health for a change) will get us back to where we want to be.
It seems strange to say, but I'm almost more excited for our 2018 class. Granted it's all hope right now but I feel like KO will bring in a solid class and with that group of upperclassmen that's a real nice team

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2018-2019 could be scary good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom