Updated pre season rankings….some respect for the Huskies #90 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated pre season rankings….some respect for the Huskies #90

Reaction Score
I have said for a while that Liberty ought to be our model ( but only for football). They got to the Top 20 Until we beat them. We should be able to do it too. Tulane is another example, though they at least have a league that’s was pretty good around them. We’re we to go 9-3 with losses only to NC State, Tennessee and maybe JMU, especially if the game in Knoxville was a nail biter, or at least not a blowout, we have a solid shot at a top 25 ranking. Become a legit football team and the B12 is a done deal.
We have legitimate chances to beat everyone on our schedule with the exception of Tennessee, who will kick our butts. Realistically I think we go 9-3, but we have a chance at 11-1.

Reaction Score
NC State, Duke, BC as well as JMU will all be significant upsets if we win.
How is beating JMU a significant upset??? A team that lost to Marshall 28-14? The same Marshall team that beat us 26-12. I don’t see your logic on that one. Maybe you forgot we beat BC last year and BC beat both NC State and Louisville, while Louisville beat JMU by 20 points. I agree NC State will be a challenge but they are not Tennessee, if we beat them, home field advantage will have played a role.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
FWIW, I think we’re #89 in Lindy’s and #103 in Athlon.

Reaction Score
If Liberty is the role model, I say we drop FB.

You mean a team that was in the top 25 last year? I ain't saying the goal, but man they do seem to be doing some things right. We can't hope for perennial top 40 until we join the big boys club.

Reaction Score
We have legitimate chances to beat everyone on our schedule with the exception of Tennessee, who will kick our butts. Realistically I think we go 9-3, but we have a chance at 11-1.
Love the optimism without knowing who our QB will be. I think we'll surprise a few.

Reaction Score
Do Georgia, Alabama, Michigan and Penn State all know who their QB is going to be?
Michigan has a returning 5 star starter that took them undefeated into the college football playoffs in his first season as a redshirt freshman. Bama, Georgia, and Penn state are simply deciding between the one or two 5 stars they have on their roster or one of the other 3 or 4 high 4 stars they each have.

Reaction Score
Do Georgia, Alabama, Michigan and Penn State all know who their QB is going to be?
Nope, but they’re all probably in better shape than we are. We aren’t anywhere near their level, yet.

Reaction Score
Nope, but they’re all probably in better shape than we are. We aren’t anywhere near their level, yet.
Levels has nothing to do with it, that being said, Kirby Smart, Jim Harbaugh, Nick Saban, and little ole Jim Mora, all have reason to be optimistic this season, maybe on different levels, but they all still need to pick a quarterback. What Mora has done this offseason is mold a UConn football team that is bigger, faster and more physical. The likes of which we have not seen in Storrs in quite a few years.

Reaction Score
Levels has nothing to do with it, that being said, Kirby Smart, Jim Harbaugh, Nick Saban, and little ole Jim Mora, all have reason to be optimistic this season, maybe on different levels, but they all still need to pick a quarterback. What Mora has done this offseason is mold a UConn football team that is bigger, faster and more physical. The likes of which we have not seen in Storrs in quite a few years.
You seem confused about my original comment about your optimism. I like it.

Reaction Score
Love the optimism without knowing who our QB will be. I think we'll surprise a few.

I hear you, but I expect our QB play to improve regardless of who is named the starter. The level of improvement remains to be seen, but much will also depend on the oline and receivers. I am also expecting Joly to make a big jump.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but I expect our QB play to improve regardless of who is named the starter. The level of improvement remains to be seen, but much will also depend on the oline and receivers. I am also expecting Joly to make a big jump.
Bingo!!!

Reaction Score
There is an old saying -- just when you think it can't get any worse the bottom drops out. I agree we need to see improvement at QB. But there is no guarantee. The good news for whoever ends up taking snaps is that the box will be loaded to stop the run. The QB competition should be fierce, fingers crossed.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is the final ranking for last year.

Reaction Score
There is an old saying -- just when you think it can't get any worse the bottom drops out. I agree we need to see improvement at QB. But there is no guarantee. The good news for whoever ends up taking snaps is that the box will be loaded to stop the run. The QB competition should be fierce, fingers crossed.
When is the last time UConn had a good offensive line, and the QB (no matter who he was) had time to throw.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom