Updated pre season rankings….some respect for the Huskies #90 | The Boneyard

Updated pre season rankings….some respect for the Huskies #90

Reaction Score
This is the highest preseason ranking I have seen so the Huskies are getting some respect!

They are ranked higher than 7 of the D1 teams they play this year. Add in Sacred Heart as the 8th

The other 4 teams are Tennessee at 6, Duke surprisingly at 26, NC State at 28 and James Madison actually at 34.

Big gap between the rankings of their toughest 4 games and the other 8.

So with this said, 8 wins would certainly be reasonable based on the rankings.

And an upset win over Duke, NC State or James Madison could get them to 9

Surprising how highly ranked Duke and James Madison are

We have basically jumped 30 spots in one year under Mora. And only up from here!

Reaction Score
This is the highest preseason ranking I have seen so the Huskies are getting some respect!

They are ranked higher than 7 of the D1 teams they play this year. Add in Sacred Heart as the 8th

The other 4 teams are Tennessee at 6, Duke surprisingly at 26, NC State at 28 and James Madison actually at 34.

We have basically jumped 30 spots in one year under Mora. And only up from here!

I think we will have a good season and maybe just maybe at the end of the year we might get ARV in the polls...In Mora we Trust...

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I don't follow many FBS teams, but man, Tulane ranked in the top 10 ahead of FSU, USC, Clemson, OR, ND and LSU? Troy and UTSA in the top 25, and UF #50, WI #54 and OU #55? It's just a pre-season football poll but it feels like the earth just reversed polls. South is now up and north is down.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't follow many FBS teams, but man, Tulane ranked in the top 10 ahead of FSU, USC, Clemson, OR, ND and LSU? Troy and UTSA in the top 25, and UF #50, WI #54 and OU #55? It's just a pre-season football poll but it feels like the earth just reversed polls. South is now up and north is down.

This is the transfer portal at work. Yes, the richest will stay rich and will pluck the creme de la creme from lower schools but all the talent that used to sit on the sidelines waiting for their chance are going elsewhere and getting the chance to shine on their own. Barry Sanders isn't apprenticing under Thurman Thomas at Ok St any more.

Reaction Score
They were 12-2 last year beating Southern California by one point in a great bowl game. They were the real deal last year.

Reaction Score
I have said for a while that Liberty ought to be our model ( but only for football). They got to the Top 20 Until we beat them. We should be able to do it too. Tulane is another example, though they at least have a league that’s was pretty good around them. We’re we to go 9-3 with losses only to NC State, Tennessee and maybe JMU, especially if the game in Knoxville was a nail biter, or at least not a blowout, we have a solid shot at a top 25 ranking. Become a legit football team and the B12 is a done deal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have said for a while that Liberty ought to be our model ( but only for football). They got to the Top 20 Until we beat them. We should be able to do it too. Tulane is another example, though they at least have a league that’s was pretty good around them. We’re we to go 9-3 with losses only to NC State, Tennessee and maybe JMU, especially if the game in Knoxville was a nail biter, or at least not a blowout, we have a solid shot at a top 25 ranking. Become a legit football team and the B12 is a done deal.

Ehh, UConn can do better than that. Hate to say it but the former conference opponents of Cincy, UCF and Houston is where UConn wants to be. New Year's Day games, rankings inside the top 10 and national talk.

Reaction Score
To be fair to Tulane they just had the best season in school history last year and have their headcoach and a lot of starters returning. Plus there's zero teams left in the American to compete with the level of play they had last year.

cttxus

Reaction Score
To be fair to Tulane they just had the best season in school history last year and have their headcoach and a lot of starters returning. Plus there's zero teams left in the American to compete with the level of play they had last year.
Accepted. But to be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that Tulane doesn't deserve their pre-season ranking. My point was that, taken in its entirety, those pre-season rankings are almost the polar opposite of what you (I) would have expected just 1-2 years ago. OU at #55?

cttxus

Reaction Score
Yes, Oklahoma is OK, :) . But it's OU (or OK State) for sports that matter, and both are mostly filled with TX kids.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure it was. About 25 years ago (under Terry Bowden) they were undefeated and finished ranked ~6-8.

Back in their SEC days they were occasionally competitive and it wasn't until the mid-late 1950's that LSU overtook them as the best football school in the state.

Reaction Score
Ehh, UConn can do better than that. Hate to say it but the former conference opponents of Cincy, UCF and Houston is where UConn wants to be. New Year's Day games, rankings inside the top 10 and national talk.
I agree with you, but as an Indy it is really tough. And if we get into a conference I suspect we will be there.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure it was. About 25 years ago (under Terry Bowden) they were undefeated and finished ranked ~6-8.

Back in their SEC days they were occasionally competitive and it wasn't until the mid-late 1950's that LSU overtook them as the best football school in the state.
Tommy Bowden. They went 12-0. I had to look it up as i thought it was under Bob Toledo. 1998

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tommy Bowden. They went 12-0. I had to look it up as i thought it was under Bob Toledo. 1998
Sorry, wrong son of Bobby

Reaction Score

Last year we were about 130 in preseason, correct? Thats a move of ~40 spots. I expect more improvement this year and maybe we can get into the 60’s or 70’s by the end of this year. Continuous improvement!!!

Reaction Score
.... 7 opponents are ranked worse than # 90 and then add in Sacred Heart..

I suspect that Tennessee and NC State will pull up the SOS quite a bit though.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about you guys but I’ve…
1) Never been more excited for the start of the season.
2) Never been more unsure about how good we will be…

I have no freakin’ clue. The best hope is TQuan is real deal, Zion matures and we have dual awesomeness at QB and can survive injuries to starters. Our passing game picks up, opens up run and our lines step up to next level vs top tier competition.

One thing I do know is I trust in Mora - I don’t care if we start 0-4, this dude knows what he’s doing and has a plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom