Updated Metrics (2/26/23) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Updated Metrics (2/26/23)

Reaction Score
And I believe Tony Skynn like punched his girlfriend in the face the day or two before and got into a fight. But the coaching staff and school was like yea let him play.

Or I could be wrong. Pretty heavy acquisition to be slinging around these days, so maybe I’m off the deep end.
They beat us. With much less talent but, in the second half, much more desire and better execution. Seriously, why would we be talking about a player on the other team not being voluntarily suspended by the school. We had a job of beating the players Mason put on the court. We didn’t. Period.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They beat us. With much less talent but, in the second half, much more desire and better execution. Seriously, why would we be talking about a player on the other team not being voluntarily suspended by the school. We had a job of beating the players Mason put on the court. We didn’t. Period.
Was not in fact his girlfriend, but I’m not going to comment on that. Was on the court and he sucker punched someone in the groin. Received just a one game suspension.

Reaction Score
And I believe Tony Skynn like punched his girlfriend in the face the day or two before and got into a fight. But the coaching staff and school was like yea let him play.

Or I could be wrong. Pretty heavy acquisition to be slinging around these days, so maybe I’m off the deep end.
If not him, one of their guys was suspeded for nut-punching another player right before their tournament. I think missing him cost them a game but the NCAA was nice to the team and counted it less, as if it were an injury.

EDIT: I see you found the story. And that I was off about part of the consequences.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If not him, one of their guys was suspeded for nut-punching another player right before their tournament. I think missing him cost them a game but the NCAA was nice to the team and counted it less, as if it were an injury.

EDIT: I see you found the story. And that I was off about part of the consequences.
Yep - they lost to Hofstra in the semi’s and there was some debate whether they should be in at all with an at-large bid.

Reaction Score
Yep - they lost to Hofstra in the semi’s and there was some debate whether they should be in at all with an at-large bid.
It's hard to imagine that team getting in now. Obviously the NET didn't exist, but I'm relatively certain they had a high RPI. Looks like maybe 26 going into Selection Sunday depending on when it had last been updated and mid-30s in February. The Colonial seems to have gamed the RPI since they had a number of Top 50 and Top 100 teams in it by RPI. By KenPom, though, it wasn't nearly as good, and a road win v. Wichita State (24) was their only Q1 win. It's a thoroughly unimpressive resume. Which tells you, perhaps, but the value of these resumes are for determining the quality of a team...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom