Updated ESPN Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated ESPN Rankings

Reaction Score
Stewart just feels way too low. His game is going to translate to the college game fairly easily from what I've watched.
I agree but recruiting rankings have almost always been based off of ceiling, production is not the most important of the criteria. For example, Derek Lively averaged 14 ppg his senior season and was a top 3 consensus recruit. And he’s been really, really bad for Duke this season.

Also probably doesn’t help that Stewart being in Washington doesn’t provide the best competition to go against. But I agree, I think he is a gem.

Reaction Score
Stewart just feels way too low. His game is going to translate to the college game fairly easily from what I've watched.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of an adjustment time than Karaban did. Stewart a high usage kind of player, so he'll have to sharpen up and hit higher %s to be as effective.

All Big East level talent though. He'll be another great player by junior year.

Reaction Score
I have only watched a couple games of Stewart, was obviously extremely impressed from AAU so I know he is talented and ranked too low. I also don't blame recruiting services for not pushing him higher since from the high school games I have seen, the talent he is going up against looks pretty bad. His teammates seem to have everything well covered and it's no surprised they are undefeated this season. No clue how talented his teammates are or if they themselves are quality recruits.

He does some great things (you see the shooting, alley oop dunk, finishing through contact), but he is never asked to score 20-30 points a game or at least it is pretty rare, which is what grabs attention. He should be ranked higher, but unless you recall what he did at Peach Jam and are really watching closely it is easy to miss the talent. We saw with Clingan how recruiting analysts underrated him simply because of the level he played at.

EDIT: And I will add it definitely hurts being in the Pacific Northwest. These games don't even start till 10:00 PM or later at night ET. Unless you have buzz as a top 10 kid i.e. Paolo, east coast bias prevails.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not concerned at all about Opponents ability.

If Clingan is this good without going against any competition for 4 years, Im sure Jaylin will not have much problem either.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Why did the Ball drop? This isnt times square.
Shooting struggles with Brewster.

I will say what concerns me most about this class, and our future make up, is shooting. Stewart is a good shooting combo forward but not an elite shooter overall. None of the other recruits can really shoot. The majority of our rotation next year could be below average or non-shooters. Ball, SC, AJax, DC, YS, SJ, HD… yet DC needs space to be effective.

Reaction Score

I will say what concerns me most about this class, and our future make up, is shooting. Stewart is a good shooting combo forward but not an elite shooter overall. None of the other recruits can really shoot. The majority of our rotation next year could be below average or non-shooters. Ball, SC, AJax, DC, YS, SJ, HD… yet DC needs space to be effective.
When the class shakes out perhaps a transfer or two will fill out this concern, but until that happens, we seem to have enough that don't like to shoot or can't consistently. Hurley has emphasized defense but even there, we seem to be sliding toward average with our bigs having to cover quick guards that get to the rim.

Reaction Score

Seems to be a stable of Hurley recruits. High level athletes with shooting deficiencies which probably pushes their ranks down a bit. The challenge is turning one of these kids into shooters on the court, which he hasn’t shown the ability to do yet.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to see how the kid from Kingswood does at Rutgers.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jayden Ross is supposedly a very good shooter.
Looks pretty but he’s a little streaky. He’s also more a developmental piece so won’t be involved. But overall looking forward shooting may be an issue. Who knows maybe Hawkins returns and shooting is a strength.

Reaction Score
Looks pretty but he’s a little streaky. He’s also more a developmental piece so won’t be involved. But overall looking forward shooting may be an issue. Who knows maybe Hawkins returns and shooting is a strength.
Currently in mock drafts as late first rounder. I don't see how he comes back assuming conditions hold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom