Update on Jackson and Newton? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update on Jackson and Newton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking the later this goes, the more likely 'Dre makes a MONSTER SPLASH announcement that he's coming back?

If this was so clear cut, imagine he would have announced by now. He doesnt come across as the type of guy to hold off to gain more attention, and then leave

Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking the later this goes, the more likely 'Dre makes a MONSTER SPLASH announcement that he's coming back?

If this was so clear cut, imagine he would have announced by now. He doesnt come across as the type of guy to hold off to gain more attention, and then leave
I was kinda thinking the opposite. He already announced he was entering the draft. It is not necessary that he a nounces that he is sticking with his decision.

Reaction Score
I was kinda thinking the opposite. He already announced he was entering the draft. It is not necessary that he a nounces that he is sticking with his decision.
I thought he was clear that he was entering the draft but was not sure whether or not he'd be back in Storrs. Whether or not he tweets an announcement, I guaranty that he will be communicating to the school a final determination by the end of the day.

Reaction Score
I feel AJ has to go into the draft it’s his best opportunity. Before the tournament nobody had him being drafted. The championship gave him exposure to get drafted. Next year could backfire on him if he comes back to Storrs.

Best of luck

Reaction Score
The mock drafts that came out after the combine ended had AJ as high as the end of the 1st round, to early second round. At least the ones I saw.

Reaction Score
I’ll be very happy for Jackson if he is indeed drafted late first/early second.
I was indeed wrong about his potential to be drafted.
It’s good to be wrong about a good thing.

Reaction Score
I always thought it was very likely he would go, but I also think his heart is at UConn. That is refreshing in this day and age. Whatever, Andre decides, he will be successful long term. He’s a very special person. A winner too.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still think he ends up with the Heat. Pat Riley started Michael Cooper over quite a few bigger names when Cooper was as offensively limited as Andre is. Cooper was able to defend a number of positions because of his athleticism and Riley placed tremendous value in this.

I don't think Riley's thought process has changed much over the years.

Reaction Score
Those were the 2022 mocks.
NBA draft room doesn’t list him. Hawk is at 10 and Sunoco is 50. They don’t list Dre in their list of 113, I don’t know the reputation of this mock.

Reaction Score
I still think he ends up with the Heat. Pat Riley started Michael Cooper over quite a few bigger names when Cooper was as offensively limited as Andre is. Cooper was able to defend a number of positions because of his athleticism and Riley placed tremendous value in this.

I don't think Riley's thought process has changed much over the years.

Would love it. Riley and Andre are two of the best things to come out of the Capital District.

Reaction Score
I feel AJ has to go into the draft it’s his best opportunity. Before the tournament nobody had him being drafted. The championship gave him exposure to get drafted. Next year could backfire on him if he comes back to Storrs.

Best of luck
100%. I’m not sold on him being a great NBA player, but this is easily his best opportunity to get drafted well. He almost certainly will be drafted in the 25-40 range. He would be more likely to hurt his stock than improve his stock significantly enough to make a difference. Get your dough National Champion.

Worst case he makes a few million in the NBA and then makes some more millions in Europe. Not a bad life if you ask me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I find it kind of strange that he hasn't announced yet. Is there a chance he's negotiating NIL and that's a factor in whether or not he declares? I have no issue if that's the case, Andre needs to do what's best for himself and the financial part of this is a huge part of that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I find it kind of strange that he hasn't announced yet. Is there a chance he's negotiating NIL and that's a factor in whether or not he declares? I have no issue if that's the case, Andre needs to do what's best for himself and the financial part of this is a huge part of that.
The later this goes, I think he’s giving newton his shine before stealing the show.

Reaction Score
Surprised that he hasn't announced by now.. Newton's comments today suggest he's gone.. I'm sure he's flattered by the NBA attention but torn by leaving UConn/DH.. Time to believe in the man in the mirror.. He's good enough to go now.. Go for it Andre..

Reaction Score
Could be a game of cat and mouse played by his "agent" with the hope of getting a first round guarantee.

Reaction Score
If he’s really unsure 3hrs before the deadline, that feels like he didn’t get the guarantee he wanted. And if he’s 50/50, Dre should come back

He doesn’t strike me as type to drag this out if he had the feedback he wanted last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom