Update on Gilbert and Durham | The Boneyard

Update on Gilbert and Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears that there is an impressive amount of offensive talent coming in. The speed bump is defense. If their defense isn't up to snuff their minutes will be very limited. A few months of game experience and more pine time than they want should provide an exciting team by February.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, Durham is very talented - KO actually must be really impressed to make that All American comment - wow.

Good news - Got to sense that Chief has been heard about the S&C - with Ollie citing various weights - while weights don't necessarily mean a proxy for strength increases - I will take it that what he means - please note I did not mention it today to anyone.
Got too much sun though with it being windy and low humidity - it was deceiving - since it was very comfortable. I am still holding to my predictions - although do have concerns
Big 12 needs to move faster - but hopefully they will get to the right spot. Mike T trying to read the tea leaves I assume by offering flexible options that creates less travel concerns about Olympic sports. Actually, probably 20 years ago a sales person in Texas taught me that technique - have a quick answer alreadied prepared to put to bed each concern raised - how ironic we are doing that now with the Big 12.

Reaction Score
These 2 guys playing and staying healthy makes this team a very deep one. Durham, as stated by Cardiac, is a key piece for sure with his skill set. AG brings either a solid back up at PG or a guy who can slip in if required to add depth to the guards from the outset.

Facey and AB putting on weight is very good news, but again, will they get "it" finally? Another key to the upcoming season is do they finally mature in game situations. I mean, they're due! Can Steve get the footwork required on both ends to stay on the court? So many variables moving forward but I guess the fun is in the fact there are so many options. Guess we'll need to wait and see.

Reaction Score
I like Ollie's comment - I want him to be an All American! So do we!!!
I would hope that he does also. In fact every Championship Team we produced had one. I don't know Jalen's work ethic or commitment to greatness, but he to me seems to be next in line in two years if he stays till his Senior year.

Anyway, we are spoiled and need another (i.e. both).

Reaction Score
I've said this before. Ollie has to be smart with Durham's minutes. Fatigue is the father of injury.

Reaction Score
I've said this before. Ollie has to be smart with Durham's minutes. Fatigue is the father of injury.

This might be surprising to you, but I think KO probably has a solid grasp on managing a player's minutes.

Reaction Score
Wonder what prompted Ollie to make the Durham all-American comments, whether it's a generic "I want all my players to be great" or something more. Doesn't seem like something he'd say about anybody.

Reaction Score
Wonder what prompted Ollie to make the Durham all-American comments, whether it's a generic "I want all my players to be great" or something more. Doesn't seem like something he'd say about anybody.
Well he was a legit 5 star before his injuries

Reaction Score
This might be surprising to you, but I think KO probably has a solid grasp on managing a player's minutes.
You would think so. But we have all seen coaches (sometimes HOF coaches) make head scratching decisions.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Doesn't the article quote KO as saying Durham may redshirt.

"If we sit down and talk to his family, and we talk to him and we talk to [athletic trainer] James Doran, and we feel it's best to redshirt him, then that's what we'll do, but we're coming in wanting him to play," Ollie said. "We want to be at full strength, that's our goal. We'll see how he's going in practice, how he's doing in captains' practice when they're going up and down, before we can get to evaluate it. … I'd like to not redshirt him, I'd like him to be a first-team All-American, that's my goal. I want him to come in, play hard and have a great season."

I'm head scratching how you and others missed that part of the quote.

C

Chief00

Doesn't the article quote KO as saying Durham may redshirt.

"If we sit down and talk to his family, and we talk to him and we talk to [athletic trainer] James Doran, and we feel it's best to redshirt him, then that's what we'll do, but we're coming in wanting him to play," Ollie said. "We want to be at full strength, that's our goal. We'll see how he's going in practice, how he's doing in captains' practice when they're going up and down, before we can get to evaluate it. … I'd like to not redshirt him, I'd like him to be a first-team All-American, that's my goal. I want him to come in, play hard and have a great season."

I'm head scratching how you and others missed that part of the quote.

If healthy no question he is playing and probably starting by January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom