Update on Boat's Status with Nets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update on Boat's Status with Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Iverson was listed at 6', which would put him probably at 5'10 or so. All I'm saying is that 'short' players do belong in the NBA. Now Iverson is more of the exception but Nate has done very well in helping fill teams shortcomings.

I think Boat will be okay, especially if he can get to a team that can use him and has an opening. With Williams leaving the Nets seem to be a great opportunity.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Iverson was listed at 6', which would put him probably at 5'10 or so. All I'm saying is that 'short' players do belong in the NBA. Now Iverson is more of the exception but Nate has done very well in helping fill teams shortcomings.

Yeah, Iverson is beyond an anomaly. He's one of the best individual players I've ever seen, regardless of height.

Throwing Bogues and Webb in with Nate makes more sense. Little guys need crazy athleticism, bare minimum. And Boatright def ticks that box.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah, Iverson is beyond an anomaly. He's one of the best individual players I've ever seen, regardless of height.

Throwing Bogues and Webb in with Nate makes more sense. Little guys need crazy athleticism, bare minimum. And Boatright def ticks that box.

Ill give Boats defense the nod ahead of all these guys. Add in the factor he is fighting to stay in the NBA his defense is going to be at all time high... But as said Iverson is in a league of his own....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jack, Larkin, and boat? I'd say he has a chance to earn real minuets for us

Reaction Score
Ill give Boats defense the nod ahead of all these guys. Add in the factor he is fighting to stay in the NBA his defense is going to be at all time high... But as said Iverson is in a league of his own....

Evidently you never saw/don't know Calvin Murphy.;)

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Take a look at Isaiah Thomas too - guy is 5'9" and one of the better guards in the league right now. Guy can fill it up despite his size. If these guys can do it, Boat can ... just needs to prove it and continue to put in the work.

Reaction Score
Deron Williams reached a buyout earlier today with the Nets. The Nets had a very crowded backcourt, but it's finally starting to take shape.

A friend of mine in the Nets organization, who knows I'm a huge UConn fan, texted me soon afterwards to let me know that the Nets "are keeping Boat." When I asked in what capacity, he said "he's making the final roster and will be at the end of the bench, as the 15th man." He said executives were "singing his praises" and thought he was a "steal."

Take that for what you will, but I'd be extremely happy for Boat if this comes to fruition. He deserves it. For all the questions about his size, he's supremely talented.

Good luck to Boatright as he begins his NBA career.

Boat is much better than Dellavedova. Dellavedova got lots of floor burns, but had a poor shot and no handle. Spoke to Boat before the NIT game vs AZ. He was a gentleman, polite, and signed autographs for some kids. Wish him the best!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I haven't seen it pointed out that Boat has a partially guaranteed contract over 2 years with the guarantee being $75K if he is on the team Aug 1. Further milestones become guaranteed over the course of 2 years. A little better than some undraftees. I like his chances with Williams and Blake gone. I wonder how much of this he knew about before signing on with the Nets

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Amazing to see the growth in this kid, on the court and off. Will be incredibly happy for him if he sticks.
Agreed. No doubt he had the raw material in terms of heart, will and athleticism, but combining that with lessons from Ollie's How to Stick in the NBA book had to be invaluable for him. KO definitely learned how to make himself a player whom GMs, coaches and teammates wanted to keep around, and I'm sure Boat has been an apt pupil soaking up those lessons.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it pointed out that Boat has a partially guaranteed contract over 2 years with the guarantee being $75K if he is on the team Aug 1. Further milestones become guaranteed over the course of 2 years. A little better than some undraftees. I like his chances with Williams and Blake gone. I wonder how much of this he knew about before signing on with the Nets

I would think the Nets made their intentions very clear. Otherwise, he'd likely look for a better situation. If the Nets kept all their point guards, he'd have almost no shot at making the roster.

Reaction Score
Steve Blake was just traded to the Pistons
First the Williams buyout, now the Blake trade. I honestly think these two moves make it likely that Boatright will stick with the team. Larkin isn't anything special, so there's a chance that Boat can earn minutes over Larkin behind Jack. Huge news for Boatright!

Reaction Score
Watching the game last night he had a couple of bad turn overs back to back... you saw him roll his eyes knowing that doesn't help his chances. I felt bad for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Take a look at Isaiah Thomas too - guy is 5'9" and one of the better guards in the league right now. Guy can fill it up despite his size. If these guys can do it, Boat can ... just needs to prove it and continue to put in the work.

Good call. He was a real nice pickup for the Celtics actually.

Reaction Score
Good call. He was a real nice pickup for the Celtics actually.
He was other than he arguably single-handedly won a few games that got them into the playoffs and sabotaged their shot at a higher pick (could have been Justise Winslow). They should have sat him on a fake injury. Long term though good player and a very good contract. Boat would do well to mirror Thomas' game and role.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I think it comes down to 3 things:
1) keep passing tight - and basic - reduce silly turnovers
2) good shot selection - no need to force shot since he is not the 1st or 2nd option
3) defense on opponents pg - make them start offense later in shot clock - keep penetration down

I hope this helps.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I think it comes down to 3 things:
1) keep passing tight - and basic - reduce silly turnovers
2) good shot selection - no need to force shot since he is not the 1st or 2nd option
3) defense on opponents pg - make them start offense later in shot clock - keep penetration down

I hope this helps.

def needed the cliffnotes thanks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
def needed the cliffnotes thanks
#chiefsnotes

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Reaction Score
As a 15th guy on the roster Boat, if nothing else broke his way, would serve admirably as guy who will absolutely rag your guards during practice and force the energy and execution up a level. That's got real value - it's not all about what ends up in the box score.

Reaction Score
Wow. Boatright just took his man off the dribble, and hit an and-1 with 2.4 sec left. Completed the 3 point play to go up 87-86.

Reaction Score
seeing napier in the background HYPE FOR BOAT, right before his heat game (not playing actually). WOW , boatright is the MAN. lmao

Reaction Score
I thought Boat was destined for a lengthy Euro career but now I would be surprised if he doesn't make the Nets. Who knows what happens after that, but considering his play and how the roster is shaking down, things look good.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Boat single-handedly won that game for the Nets. His defense forced the turnover that gave the Nets the ball down 2. Then he hit an amazing floater to tie it while getting fouled. And then he knocked down his free throw on the and 1 to take the lead. #Boatshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom