Upcoming Team's Assets and Liabilities | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upcoming Team's Assets and Liabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Shooting sticks out to me as a potential liability. We're going to miss Gibbs in this regard more than people think, IMO. Jackson is billed as a shooter but he's a freshman so my expectations aren't high. Larrier is another unknown, as is Adams. Entering the season, Purvis is our only proven three point shooter. That could be a problem, but I'm guessing at least one other guy will emerge as a consistent threat from deep.

I would definitely agree with this, I think this is our biggest weakness entering the season. In any individual game where we shoot above 40% from 3, we will be very difficult to beat. I'm concerned about the games where we put up a 1 for 11 from beyond the arc; we're going to have to play our trademark great defense to win those rock fights.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of this year's success depends on Adams. Is he going to be a solid player or The Man?

If he is the man, UConn can be very good.

After last year, he needed to work on his ball handling and shooting. His confidence was on the rise as the year ended, so hopefully he had a great summer. Last year he had too many explainable turnovers. The good news is that Ollie seemed to be very hard on him, and he gained a lot of experience. Adams likes his pullup jumper but I think he is the type of player that can draw a lot of fouls by taking it to the hoop more. He has great body control and finishing ability. Plus, because the way most defenses are built now, they consider it a win if they allow a midrange pullup instead of an open 3 or shot at the rim.

Reaction Score
I can't answer but team leadership, chemistry and on-court communication needs to be 'resolved' to get a good answer.

I assume Purvis and Amida will be the leaders yet Jalen seems to have the gene. Oh and AG may emerge as a leader over the season, however I expect him to defer like Bazz and Kemba did as freshman.

The big ifs are are bigs (Amida, Kentan and Enoch) and how they improved. Lets hope they make that NBA type leap (performance) then we will be an excellent team, since we have all of the components (talent/experience/great recruiting class, strong bench, etc.) necessary to compete and beat premier teams.

This is Ollie's team so we will finally see his coaching prowess at work since he has everything he needs.
We are on the same page. Friends of mine, got 40-1 odds on $250, for our winning Natl Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom