UNH Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UNH Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
There’s no reason a 21% 3 point shooter who’s an elite athlete should take more 3s than 2s. He needs to be like Castle and only take a 3 if it’s his last option. But the first thought is always attack.

He should’ve been spending this game making sure he can attack. Because that’s the best bet at his success moving forward.

If you disagree then we’ll just disagree.
Hurley predicted he'd shoot 40% from 3. He was raving about his shooting this fall entering the season. It's clear he was making a ton of 3s in practice. And presumably he took a lot more 3s in practice than he has in the games so far.

Either something needs to be tweaked about how he's shooting in games vs. how he shoots in practice mechanically, or he just needs to shoot his way out of the slump.

Reaction Score
He’s hardly shooting at the rim and that’s much easier to get down.

We literally watched Andre spend 3 years working on his 3 point shot and ignoring attacking the rim until it was too late. It’ll really piss me off if Solo makes the same mistake of wasting time trying to prove he can shoot rather than making sure he can use his clear advantage.
If you getting pissed off results in 3 years of Solo & a Natty. I’ll take that trade

Reaction Score
He’s hardly shooting at the rim and that’s much easier to get down.

We literally watched Andre spend 3 years working on his 3 point shot and ignoring attacking the rim until it was too late. It’ll really piss me off if Solo makes the same mistake of wasting time trying to prove he can shoot rather than making sure he can use his clear advantage.
The situations aren't really anything alike. Jackson had no jump shot at all. Solo has decent form and for the most part he's getting good looks, he's just not really setting his feet well (in my uninformed opinion). I too think that he should focus on getting to the rim too but I don't think he's wasting anything by taking open threes that we're going to need him to make at some point in his career. He also seems to attack the rim a decent amount at this point - think he's still adjusting to the fact that kids can actually stay in front of him laterally at this level. We'll see.

Reaction Score
This was the same as the MVSU game. The refs changed the whistle in the second half and made it a terrible watch.
I would have to imagine that the players pick up on the disruption in flow, and play worse as a result.
Although AK and Solo were just gross on offense today, they were both pretty good on defense.

This game sucked. We got the record. Now bury the tape and move on.

Edit: Also, DC is hitting his free throws at over 75% over the last 4 games.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If you getting pissed off results in 3 years of Solo & a Natty. I’ll take that trade
I get it. I love the natty too. I also love seeing our guys have as much success as possible as individuals. Especially when they have the talent to.

Would love for Solo to both win a Natty and become an elite talent at the NBA level for himself when he has all the talent and mindset in the world to do so.

Reaction Score
Hope these young guys are ready to go Friday. If they’re down Castle, McCullars and Adams are guys that can get Karaban in foul trouble. Young dudes better be ready to go at the Phog.

Reaction Score
We were told coming into this season this team has lots of shooters and we should expect to see a lot of 3’s taken. After tonight we’re averaging 30.8 % from 3 which sits us at 250th in D1. We’re getting good looks, just not hitting (outside of cam). Anybody else worried about this? Esp when we’re playing opponents that we won’t totally dominate the boards.

Reaction Score
I get it. I love the natty too. I also love seeing our guys have as much success as possible as individuals. Especially when they have the talent to.

Would love for Solo to both win a Natty and become an elite talent at the NBA level for himself when he has all the talent and mindset in the world to do so.

10-11 minute mark he addresses solo. If he’s confident with him shooting it, I am too. Definitely acknowledges that the game is moving fast for him though. Idk if driving is the answer, but just finding ways to be more comfortable & get “caught up” with the speed.

Reaction Score
I thought I heard the announcers say he had his finger taped up or something. I wonder how much that affected his shooting/passing.
Pretty sure they were talking about his left hand. It's been taped like that all season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

10-11 minute mark he addresses solo. If he’s confident with him shooting it, I am too. Definitely acknowledges that the game is moving fast for him though. Idk if driving is the answer, but just finding ways to be more comfortable & get “caught up” with the speed.
He said the same thing last year with Andre until he was forced to say “hey, cut to the basket and drive more.” It’s actually not encouraging to hear that he’s okay with him going 1-6 today and not call for him to go to the rim more.

We aren’t going to crash with Solo like we did with Andre last year because he’s not as an integral part of the team, but if he keeps shooting more 3s than 2s I don’t see him as a big contributor this year doing so. Would love to be wrong. And it won’t be his fault that his focus is moreso on trying to be a good 3 point shooter over anything else either.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I know one T was on Hurley but who was the other on ?

I was at the game and no one in my section had a clue and they didn’t announce it.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Speaking of T, did they show Hurley egging on the crowd after the first T? I was in 218 behind the UConn bench and as Hurley was jawing at the refs he had one hand behind his back encouraging the crowd to get loud and on the refs. It was awesome and crowd definitely responded.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball can shoot, he’s not Andre. RELAX.

With the way the second half was being called and the struggles shooting the ball it seemed like mid way through the second half the guys just wanted it to be over. They’re ready for Kansas. Alex, Tristen, and Donovan have shown up on the biggest stage. They’re big game players. This wasn’t that. Nothing to see here

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hurley predicted he'd shoot 40% from 3. He was raving about his shooting this fall entering the season. It's clear he was making a ton of 3s in practice. And presumably he took a lot more 3s in practice than he has in the games so far.

Either something needs to be tweaked about how he's shooting in games vs. how he shoots in practice mechanically, or he just needs to shoot his way out of the slump.
Wasn’t ignoring this bro. Sometimes this board has delays on replies.

There’s no way Solo was actually going to shoot better from 3 than Hawkins last year though. I don’t think Hurley was serious about that prediction.

Also some basketball psychology here, it’s really hard to make 3s the more you take because there’s that much more pressure to make them if that’s most of the shots you’re taking. It’s a mental thing at that point. ESPECIALLY for a young role player. The only way to fix it is taking easier shots and just get used to seeing the ball go in.

If you’re having confidence issues it’s going to be hard making the toughest shot in basketball consistently. There’s just so many reasons why he needs to drop these 3 point attempts and work on developing other, easier, talents first at this point.

He was suppose to come in and be like a Ryan Boatright. Not a Ben Gordon. Lol

Okay I’m tapping out on the subject for this thread.

Reaction Score
Brick city from 3 point line. They couldn’t stop UConn in the paint, and we couldn’t hit jack from outside. I don’t understand why we didn’t adjust and shoot 100% of shots from close in the last 5 minutes. Felt like the team was more concerned with proving they could make 3s then playing well.

Reaction Score
I know one T was on Hurley but who was the other on ?

I was at the game and no one in my section had a clue and they didn’t announce it.
Tom Moore.

Reaction Score
lol? yes slightly worse. what's worse, 93-61 or 40-10?
It's worse to score 3 more points and give up 1 more?

EDIT: Ah, I guess you're saying the loss was worse from Manhattan's perspective. Wasn't clear. Sounded like you said Fordham's win was worse.

Reaction Score
It's worse to score 3 more points and give up 1 more?

EDIT: Ah, I guess you're saying the loss was worse from Manhattan's perspective. Wasn't clear. Sounded like you said Fordham's win was worse.
Yes, I meant the beatdown was worse tonight from Manhattan's perspective. Slightly.
Nevertheless, UConn's win tonight was comfortable.

Reaction Score
I didn't hear the negative comments from Lappas as you did. I thought he was fair. He didn't understand the BS technical on Moore either. Tough second half to watch with all the whistles after only 3 or so in first half.
Or the foul called on Karaban or the 5th on Diarra.

Reaction Score
We were told coming into this season this team has lots of shooters and we should expect to see a lot of 3’s taken. After tonight we’re averaging 30.8 % from 3 which sits us at 250th in D1. We’re getting good looks, just not hitting (outside of cam). Anybody else worried about this? Esp when we’re playing opponents that we won’t totally dominate the boards.
No

Reaction Score
No.

Reaction Score
Speaking of T, did they show Hurley egging on the crowd after the first T? I was in 218 behind the UConn bench and as Hurley was jawing at the refs he had one hand behind his back encouraging the crowd to get loud and on the refs. It was awesome and crowd definitely responded.
He got a T last year for doing that. What game was that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom