Unanimous #1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Unanimous #1

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He made it very clear with his choice that he wants to be pampered rather than coached.
If he falls short of maximizing his generational talent he will have to live with this decision the rest of his life. He has one year to build the thick skin that will be needed to get through his first year or two in the nba. That won’t happen at Dook.

Reaction Score
Stop and smell the roses for a minute. I know it’s just a silly number. But it’s still special and means something especially given the dark days and we are now all the way back. Trust in DH

Enjoy it, embrace it, never take today's success for granted and remember that there's still much more work to be done this season. Still 5 more regular season games left before the BE Tourney, then of course, the Big Dance.

On to Creighton. One step at a time.

Reaction Score
Absolutely love it!!

What is the Purdue bias though? Lose to a 14-11 team and only drop 1 spot?

Reaction Score
If he falls short of maximizing his generational talent he will have to live with this decision the rest of his life. He has one year to build the thick skin that will be needed to get through his first year or two in the nba. That won’t happen at Dook.
But he will have a five month extended photo op in a Dodger blue basketball jersey against Georgia Tech, BC and Louisville, so yay Coop!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We don't print t-shirts in February, but this is an incredible accomplishment for our program, especially on the heels of a championship, and demonstrates another step along the way in the fulfillment of Hurley's unprecedented (re-)building job.

We should be proud.
FIFY

Reaction Score
When’s the last time a team was unanimous in both polls in the same week?

Reaction Score
Because #4 has worse metrics and has lost 5 games, including two bad losses to Oregon state and Stanford.
Absolutely love it!!

What is the Purdue bias though? Lose to a 14-11 team and only drop 1 spot?
I don't hate that Purdue only dropped 1 since there was separation of the top three teams from the rest, although it was to an unranked team on the road. But disappointed Marquette dropped 3 spots, losing to the #1 team on the road.

Poe

Reaction Score
We got the A+
UConn across the social medias must be fire right now.

"No. 1 UConn delivered a statement that sent shockwaves across the college landscape Saturday with a 28-point home beatdown of top-five Marquette that made the Huskies the easy choice for an 'A+' earner -- the only one -- on this week's report. UConn dismantled DePaul on the road 101-65 earlier in the week then treated the No. 4 Golden Eagles like DePaul in the XL Center a few days later. Only Houston has as many wins of 28 points or more on the season as UConn, and there's a strong case to be made that no other team has the combination of impressive wins over elite competition than the Huskies -- whose résumé includes victories over five ranked teams. All five of those wins came by double-digit margins."

I like sending shockwaves and treating opponents like DePaul. Let’s go!

Reaction Score
Yormark was this close to being a big time winner
Yeah, but the carpetbagger only wanted basketball and no football and I believe offered us an insulting share. I said at that time our basketball programs are elite and the brand is worth many times more.

Reaction Score
Gotta love Jay bilas. He's got it right!!

UConn - the collegiate basketnall capitol of the world!!!!

And I've got the t-shirt!!
Jay Bilas is a great analyst. He’s always been fair, impartial and truthful. So, given this, I don’t regard him in the same light as I do for other Dookies.

Reaction Score
I don't hate that Purdue only dropped 1 since there was separation of the top three teams from the rest, although it was to an unranked team on the road. But disappointed Marquette dropped 3 spots, losing to the #1 team on the road.
Marquette might not have dropped 3 spots if we hadn’t pummeled them by 28 points.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lotta movement at the bottom - 5 teams added that were unranked last week. I do hope Wash St. doesn't end up an 8 in our bracket. I think they'll end up a 7 maybe 6, and depending on draw, could take out a 2 or 3 seed on first weekend.

Big news in our household... couple of weeks ago Pitt didn't even look like it would make NIT. Four votes this week! Wife is a happy girl.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, but the carpetbagger only wanted basketball and no football and I believe offered us an insulting share. I said at that time our basketball programs are elite and the brand is worth many times more.
Are you sure about this? I never heard anything about an actual offer.

If you can provide a link showing that we were in fact offered it would be greatly appreciated

Reaction Score
Are you sure about this? I never heard anything about an actual offer.

If you can provide a link showing that we were in fact offered it would be greatly appreciated
I believe you’re right. We weren’t officially offered membership. What was floated and reported was to take UConn basketball only, no football and no full share.

Reaction Score
Lotta movement at the bottom - 5 teams added that were unranked last week. I do hope Wash St. doesn't end up an 8 in our bracket. I think they'll end up a 7 maybe 6, and depending on draw, could take out a 2 or 3 seed on first weekend.

Big news in our household... couple of weeks ago Pitt didn't even look like it would make NIT. Four votes this week! Wife is a happy girl.
Let's put it a different way...do you think Wash St. wants to be put as an 8 in our bracket?

Reaction Score
Let's see the no1, no1 should be playing the no4, no2....Duke...That might be fun with Cooper rocking that baby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom