Unanimous #1 | The Boneyard

Unanimous #1

Reaction Score
Neg...at least 3-4 votes won't go our way.
The previous #1 votes were either us or Purdue.

If someone wanted to rank Houston #1 because of KenPom or whatever, they would have done it already.

Reaction Score
If you look at the poll tracker no voter had anyone ahead of us besides Purdue. I think we’ll be unanimous come this time tomorrow

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The best part about this whole thread is that we are debating who won’t put us at number 1 in quite possibly what is the most arbitrary process imaginable. But there will only be a handful if there are any. Purdue was a unanimous #1 in the coaches poll in late November. And in the AP in January. With that said it would clearly be bs if we are not unanimous in one of the polls.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Those were my exact thoughts being a Yankees fan.

Baseball HoF is about the worst comparison you could ever make. Baseball writers didn't make Ruth, Gherig, Williams, Aaron, Cy Young, or about 100 other more worthy players unanimous selections either.

Jeter and Rivera vote counts were a reflection of a changing mindset of voters as compared to them actually deserving the highest vote count. For the record I always thought the baseball HoF writers were dbags on how they let that precedent go for several decades.

UConn has clearly shown they are the best team and deserve all the #1 votes for thus week upcoming.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone who votes for Perdoodoo Monday is full of shdoodoo!

Reaction Score
Who knows if they can win it all, but this is the best UConn BB team I’ve ever seen.
The two are not mutually exclusive. Anyone can have a bad night but I would agree, this may be the best team we've ever seen. Perhaps our vision is blurred from our recent success.

Reaction Score
It’s one of the perks of being UConn. No matter how clearly superior you are, you’re always unproven, never a blue blood, always the team that nobody can quite trust that what they did on the court today was real, because kenpom blah blah blah. Hurley has got to be having a blast coaching under these conditions!

Reaction Score
Yes, some dummies will vote for UofA, or Kansas
UConn and Purdue split every single #1 and #2 vote. I doubt anyone that voted UConn #2 last week is going to vote for another team to jump them.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In reality, how the writers vote doesn't mean much. Many have their biases that will never change. UConn is not a P5, UConn is not a "blue blood', UConn doesn't really play anybody. Heard it all and still UConn has 5 natty's.

We will be a 1 seed for the tourney. The rest will be done on the court. Win 6 games and it's natty #6.

Reaction Score
Remember that one writer that kept Jeter from being a unanimous first ballot Hall of Famer? He's probably a college hoops voter too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom