Umass selects their QB for opener | The Boneyard

Umass selects their QB for opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"I've watched a ton of UConn," he added. "I feel really prepared for them. All summer long I've been looking at UConn tape from last year."[/quote]

He feels "Really prepared". Those sound like fighting words. He thinks he's better than us.

Reaction Score
9k=

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I swear we are going to hear on the field...

"say hello to my lil fren"

Reaction Score
"I've watched a ton of UConn," he added. "I feel really prepared for them. All summer long I've been looking at UConn tape from last year."

He feels "Really prepared". Those sound like fighting words. He thinks he's better than us.[/quote]

It's go time!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Grab your head stick it between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.bye Umass gonna be a lot of ass' on the turf next Thursday lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In fairness, what did you want him to say, "Holy , have you seen those guys? I am a dead man. I am petrified. I have to face one of the top D's in the country. We are doomed!"

...yes.

Reaction Score
these guys are going to be really pumped, and i'm sure the coaches have spent the entire summer planning for this one so we'll probably get their best game. hopefully the disparity between talent and coaches will keep it from being at all close. i'm really interested to see how Mike Cox looks. i always like seeing guys we recruited for some reason to see how they panned out.

Reaction Score
I look at this game as almost like a trap game. UConn has to come in pumped because UMass will be. This is their first 1A game, their opener and against the team they'll likely be measured against for the next decade. If we're not ready to play or are looking past them it could be a long and ugly afternoon.

Reaction Score
I look at this game as almost like a trap game. UConn has to come in pumped because UMass will be. This is their first 1A game, their opener and against the team they'll likely be measured against for the next decade. If we're not ready to play or are looking past them it could be a long and ugly afternoon.

Agreed. Not only that but let's stop for a second and remember, the UConn offense - until proven otherwise, starting on Aug 30th - was 1) inept, 2) low octane, 3) completely one-dimensional ("McCombs for a two yard gain on his 45th carry of the ballgame"), 4) a liability to be overcome for the defense or 5) all of the above. Hopefully that changes this season. Hopefully Whitmer will be an infusion of a passing game. But . . . let's not overlook UMass. Besides, if this QB doesn't worry anyone, I'm sure the following week will take care of that.

pj

Reaction Score
The team is not going to overlook UMass. The first game? Who's not pumped for the first game?

Reaction Score
If we both play to our potential it should be a UConn blowout. But I think you could argue that most of these 1AA upsets (and UMass is a 1A team in name only at this point) happen because the better team is unprepared and expects to win in a blowout. Syarcuse & Pitt struggled against Maine and Rhode Island last year. Both won, but in very close games. We just need to be focused and not "expect" to win without playing hard. UCONN has had a pretty solid history of not playing down to thistype of team, so Let's hope that continues.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

And then the game starts at night and we slaughter them.

Reaction Score
I think the opener is gonna be an eye-opener for lots of folks. Other thought though . . . I hope UConn does not play it's "season's best" against UMass. The next week against a Big Boy opponent from the ACC will be a better time for the virtuoso performance. And the week after that too.

So a convincing win over UMass (need to show little brother what Big time ball is about) but not the season masterpiece. Want to win every game but . . . if UConn was to lose one out of their first three games . . . let it be to UMass. Absolutely the NC State game, followed by the trip to Maryland are the biggest games on UConn's schedule. Need to be attractive to the ACC.

F

fortebleedsblue

He has the size at 6ft 5 210 lbs .. That's prototype size ... Let's hope hes not accurate. Offers from Buffalo and Easter Michigan but interest from tenn Rutgers and kansas ..sounds like an edsall recruit to me ... Also beat out a 3 star and former NC State commit AJ doyle.

Reaction Score
et it be to UMass. Absolutely the NC State game, followed by the trip to Maryland are the biggest games on UConn's schedule. Need to be attractive to the ACC.

have you seen the teams the ACC has found attractive lately? i don't see how winning games is going to make us attractive to a conference that just chose Pitt and Cuse over WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom