UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll trust the person who talked to the Athletic Director.
He is the one who said it on the webinar! LOL! Anyone can say they spoke with someone in the administration, but there is no proof that they did! This was stated in public. Somewhere there must be a documentation of the webinar. You can also ask the head of the bleeding blue for good NIL initiative when you give your donation. I'm sure it will be confirmed.

Reaction Score
He is the one who said it on the webinar! LOL! Anyone can say they spoke with someone in the administration, but there is no proof that they did! This was stated in public. Somewhere there must be a documentation of the webinar. You can also ask the head of the bleeding blue for good NIL initiative when you give your donation. I'm sure it will be confirmed.
He knows far more than you. What he said was consistent with every public article and every public statement.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I spoke with 5 people who were on the webinar and you are, to put it mildly, DRASTICALLY misconstruing the statement that was made.

UConn was close to the Big 12 in the sense that if something FAR LIKELIER hadn't happened - which happened - then, yes, maybe they'd have gotten in. Its like saying Taylor Swift hadn't met Travis Kelce, you'd be dating her.

You're living in your own mind palace of make believe.

Reaction Score
I spoke with 5 people who were on the webinar and you are, to put it mildly, DRASTICALLY misconstruing the statement that was made.

UConn was close to the Big 12 in the sense that if something FAR LIKELIER hadn't happened - which happened - then, yes, maybe they'd have gotten in. Its like saying Taylor Swift hadn't met Travis Kelce, you'd be dating her.

You're living in your own mind palace of make believe.
You spoke with 5 people but didn't hear it yourself. Sorry. Hearsay is not admissible in court. As a famous judge would say "Don't tell me what anyone told you!". You are playing the telephone game. What I heard was unmistakable and I am not deaf. The AD stated that he went to sleep thinking UConn was in, and the next morning found out the places were given away to PAC 12 remnants. To me, that is having the rug pulled out from under one, or as has been demonstrated so many times here having Lucy pull the football from Charlie Brown. UConn got screwed, once again, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You spoke with 5 people but didn't hear it yourself. Sorry. Hearsay is not admissible in court. As a famous judge would say "Don't tell me what anyone told you!". You are playing the telephone game. What I heard was unmistakable and I am not deaf. The AD stated that he went to sleep thinking UConn was in, and the next morning found out the places were given away to PAC 12 remnants. To me, that is having the rug pulled out from under one, or as has been demonstrated so many times here having Lucy pull the football from Charlie Brown. UConn got screwed, once again, plain and simple.
You're telling us to believe you, but you didn't record it and don't have the proof. So stop telling us what to believe and start giving us the concrete proof.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

He told you what he knew you wanted to hear.

I’m telling you the truth.

They were never jumping the P12 schools. Never. And the P12 schools were never gonna say no to the parachute.

Reaction Score

They were never jumping the P12 schools. Never. And the P12 schools were never gonna say no to the parachute.
Well we did jump 4 of the P12 schools. The B12 didn't consider OSU, Wazzu, or the California schools

Reaction Score

At least it is now clarified that I heard what I heard correctly although it may have been to apprease the crowd.

Reaction Score
You're telling us to believe you, but you didn't record it and don't have the proof. So stop telling us what to believe and start giving us the concrete proof.
Concrete proof? I heard what I heard on a webinar. There is no recorded document as far as I am know. I think there is no question UConn was next in line until the PAC blew up. It came as a surprise to the UConn administration. No doubt about that.

Reaction Score
Concrete proof? I heard what I heard on a webinar. There is no recorded document as far as I am know. I think there is no question UConn was next in line until the PAC blew up. It came as a surprise to the UConn administration. No doubt about that.
You're saying that someone claiming that they spoke with people that watched the webinar is heresy...but you heard what you heard on a webinar... pretty sure that you're arguing that what you're saying doesn't hold water...when you go from I know to I think and back to no doubt...just doesn't add up there buddy...

Reaction Score
You're saying that someone claiming that they spoke with people that watched the webinar is heresy...but you heard what you heard on a webinar... pretty sure that you're arguing that what you're saying doesn't hold water...when you go from I know to I think and back to no doubt...just doesn't add up there buddy...
It is not heresy, it is hearsay. Heresy has to do with religious doubt. Hearsay is when you get information from a third party and try to present it as fact to a judge. Did you even attend UConn? You would know the difference between heresy and hearsay. I heard what I heard on the webinar. Whether it was stated to placate donors is another issue. I do believe what was stated at that event is true. UConn adminstration really thought the Big 12 invite was to be.

Reaction Score
It is not heresy, it is hearsay. Heresy has to do with religious doubt. Hearsay is when you get information from a third party and try to present it as fact to a judge. Did you even attend UConn? You would know the difference between heresy and hearsay. I heard what I heard on the webinar. Whether it was stated to placate donors is another issue. I do believe what was stated at that event is true. UConn adminstration really thought the Big 12 invite was to be.
An invite isn't necessarily off the table. We'd likely be next

Reaction Score
You heard what you wanted to hear on the webinar. I bet it made you feel special to be included for once.

Reaction Score
Gramar/spelin puhlice in da thyme of tini keyboreds is rideculous.

It shows you are out of arguments and are now reverting to name calling.

And I didnt even read what you people are arguing about.

Not to mention, i must have missed the requirement for religion 101 in the UCONN coursebook. The only time I heard "heresy" at UCONN was when listening to Nine Inch Nails. So going to UCONN has nothing to do with knowing that...

Reaction Score
You know, some of us are actually interested in the UMass - MAC discussion. ;)

keanu reeves speed GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr