UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NC is a very large, rapidly growing state, that has no SEC or BiG teams.
OF COURSE it is highly desired!
By whom? It brings zero football juice. And the Big already has made that mistake with Rutgers and the SEC has Vanderbilt and Miss. State.

Plus North Carolina is split in terms of loyalty. UNC, State Duke and a bit of Wake fans. The other 3 aren’t following UNC in the Big 10. And UNC isn’t interested in joining the SEC.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He could cut football and all Olympic sports to turn a profit.
You don't cut what should be the biggest money maker. I know that is an issue now, but giving up football would be a mistake. The Big East is nice, but the money will never be what it is in the bigger conference and the Catholic schools are fine with that. We as a state school shouldn't.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You don't cut what should be the biggest money maker. I know that is an issue now, but giving up football would be a mistake. The Big East is nice, but the money will never be what it is in the bigger conference and the Catholic schools are fine with that. We as a state school shouldn't.
I was making a point.

Reaction Score
You mean he did his job. Holy . Yomark owes you nothing. Nothing. UConn was always the "odd number option". The musical chairs didn't end in an odd number. He didn't do a snow job on basketball. I'm sure he does think that way. Guess what. The schools thought otherwise. They're the ones in charge, not yomark.

This is where I'm glad I did my undergrad elsewhere. "UConn think" is really precious some days.
UConn administration went to sleep the night before absolutely believing that the invite was done. Yormark decieved them. Plain and simple. Don't speak of what you don't know.

Reaction Score
No, it was the collapse of the PAC and the availability of those schools that caused UConn to be left out.
And he caved to the Big 12 presidents to keep UConn out and take PAC leftovers.

Reaction Score
UConn administration went to sleep the night before absolutely believing that the invite was done. Yormark decieved them. Plain and simple. Don't speak of what you don't know.
I highly doubt this, there was never even a formal vote otherwise we would've known if we at least had been rejected. No admin is going to believe an invite was inevitable unless this happened

Reaction Score
If we were still in the AAC we would have nothing. No basketball or football. No hope.
What does this have to do with a power conference with stellar basketball?

Reaction Score
Ultimately the Presidents are his boss, much like the owners are Roger Goddell's boss. He can have an opinion, but ultimately his job is to enact the will of the league presidents.

Reaction Score
This is purely delusional and is ignorant of what happened.

He listened to his employers and the ones that have ultimate authority. Do you know what makes an nfl commissioner powerful? It's that it takes 25 clubs to remove him. It only takes a simple majority in a college league. Your stridency does not create facts.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt this, there was never even a formal vote otherwise we would've known if we at least had been rejected. No admin is going to believe an invite was inevitable unless this happened
There was not a formal vote, but a verbal agreement. Of course, verbal agreements can be revoked, but UConn did indeed believe an invite was forthcoming. Such has been stated.

Reaction Score
This is purely delusional and is ignorant of what happened.

He listened to his employers and the ones that have ultimate authority. Do you know what makes an nfl commissioner powerful? It's that it takes 25 clubs to remove him. It only takes a simple majority in a college league. Your stridency does not create facts.
Not delusional and not ignorant. A fact.

Reaction Score
By whom? It brings zero football juice. And the Big already has made that mistake with Rutgers and the SEC has Vanderbilt and Miss. State.

Plus North Carolina is split in terms of loyalty. UNC, State Duke and a bit of Wake fans. The other 3 aren’t following UNC in the Big 10. And UNC isn’t interested in joining the SEC.
Lmaoo you really comparing UNC to Vanderbilt and Rutgirls?

UNC is a brand. Probably the biggest brand in college basketball. They have also won at least 8 games in 3 of the last 4 football seasons.

Other than FSU, they are the second biggest prize in the ACC. You're kidding yourself if you don't think they will have a lifejackets if and when the ACC blows up

Reaction Score
But we were actually going to be the 14th member until the four corner schools became available
As said then uconn was the option if the chairs ended in an odd number. As it was, ASU became 14... Arizona became 15 because it didn't want to be apart from a sinking conference and from ASU. Utah, who is going to win all football centric conversations became number 16 once it was clear the PAC was going to be done.

At no point was there an open slot for uconn as they were not passing those schools.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Not delusional and not ignorant. A fact.
I’ve spoken to the AD and two members of the Board of Trustees. You’re stating something that just isn’t real.

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpeg
    IMG_1879.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 79

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There was not a formal vote, but a verbal agreement. Of course, verbal agreements can be revoked, but UConn did indeed believe an invite was forthcoming. Such has been stated.
There was no such agreement.

Reaction Score
I’ve spoken to the AD and two members of the Board of Trustees. You’re stating something that just isn’t real.
It was stated during the football webinar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom