UK Practice Value | The Boneyard

UK Practice Value

pj

Reaction Score
This is why I don't feel quite as bad about losing Hami as I would have if he had wanted to play. I wish we had him because KO wanted him, we invested so much in him, the team is shorthanded and could really use another guard, the players seemed to like him. But, if it was Hami's preference to avoid playing college games this year, then we missed a guy who doesn't have the competitive fire that leads to greatness.

I suspect this "practice" decision was probably a combination of family/handlers who didn't trust his talent and want to try to sneak him into the NBA, and Hami falling for Calipari's slick salesmanship.

I hope Diallo's strategy works, he finds an NBA team to draft him this year and never plays a game for Kentucky. Let Kentucky win the recruiting wars, as long as we win the basketball games.

Reaction Score
This is why I don't feel quite as bad about losing Hami as I would have if he had wanted to play. I wish we had him because KO wanted him, we invested so much in him, the team is shorthanded and could really use another guard, the players seemed to like him. But, if it was Hami's preference to avoid playing college games this year, then we missed a guy who doesn't have the competitive fire that leads to greatness.

I suspect this "practice" decision was probably a combination of family/handlers who didn't trust his talent and want to try to sneak him into the NBA, and Hami falling for Calipari's slick salesmanship.

I hope Diallo's strategy works, he finds an NBA team to draft him this year and never plays a game for Kentucky. Let Kentucky win the recruiting wars, as long as we win the basketball games.
Pj, we're not winning the games lately. Calipari's recruiting job is 10 times easier than KO's at this point and it's not close to an even playing field. Just look at it from a media tv exposure view from a kid's perspective. Can't blamehim.

pj

Reaction Score
Pj, we're not winning the games lately. Calipari's recruiting job is 10 times easier than KO's at this point and it's not close to an even playing field. Just look at it from a media tv exposure view from a kid's perspective. Can't blamehim.

We can still win. Ollie has been recruiting well enough lately to field top 20 teams on a consistent basis, if we don't have injuries and have time to let the good recruiting classes reach senior year. Right now he's recruiting as well as JC did 1990-1995.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom