Uconn's starting QB | The Boneyard

Uconn's starting QB

Who will be UCONN'S starting QB by mid-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Who will the Uconn coaches finally decide on for their starting QB?

Reaction Score
I totally see Bryant as a Coach's preference given his experience if he has totally recovered. If Pindell can show some leadership he will probably get some snaps as situations allow during the HC game and possibly have a few plays with his name on them if he shows the promise his videos seem to imply. I really like him as a #1 backup even though we have some very interesting Frosh in the wings this year.

That said, new staff will have their eyes wide open if anybody emerges but you have to think they will value decision making as an important trait. That should give Bryant the edge. One caveat is in the new offense there could be one or 2 things absolutely central to making it go and if a new guy steps in and clearly separates with the ability to do those things at a higher level he has a shot.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Obviously, hard to say before fall practice...but...

Pindell was recruited by this staff....and his style fits Lashlee's style. RE 1.0 goes with Sherriff's. I think RE 2.0 goes with Pindell. I think if Sherriff's is the starter, that means Pindell disappointed in fall camp. He is a great fall back option, but I don't think he fits the longer term strategy.

Reaction Score
How can the poll question merit two choices? The starter is the starter?
I was thinking first choice, second choice, tried to go back in and edit it to single choice, but it would not let me change it. You're an admin, right. Could you go in and change it to single choice?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not according to Diaco...

That initial press conference w/ Whitmer and Cochran still makes me chuckle. Was it whitmer? i think it was...i dunno. too many qbs to remember. We're like the browns of CFB

Reaction Score
Love Shirreffs but unnamed sources from The NY Times say Pindell is favored.

Reaction Score
Love Shirreffs but unnamed sources from The NY Times say Pindell is favored.
Me too and I would guess that's right. But that NYT rag you cite, are you sure this isn't fake news? ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pindell unless something very unexpected happens.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is Rose going to be a QB? Our best passer last year was Tyler Davis from the QE (quarter-end Diaco probably called it) so maybe it won't matter.

Reaction Score
Listed as TE on the latest released roster.
I can see him lining up as a TE or flanker slightly off the line and receives a lateral, then throws a dart for 40 yards, or use him on an end around run.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Bryant has improved enough on his reads and someone still beats him out, I would consider that to be an important development for the larger program. Anything else is more of the same: No clear starter means no starter.

I also need to be convinced that any of these guys are going to get the necessary time in the pocket to do anything.

Reaction Score
If Bryant has improved enough on his reads and someone still beats him out, I would consider that to be an important development for the larger program. Anything else is more of the same: No clear starter means no starter.

I also need to be convinced that any of these guys are going to get the necessary time in the pocket to do anything.
TE's and FB's will be doing some blocking too this year.

Reaction Score
Your poll but how can the poll question merit two choices - the starter is the starter, no?
Didn't you learn from Bob that there is a starter and a key stater and a backup starter and a fake fake field goal starter?

Reaction Score
If I were a betting man I would say Pindell is the favorite because it seems this staff went out of their way to get him. but Sherriffs is close. To me he seems like the type of guy Edsall would like in the way he plays and is clearly a team first guy. Lots of people would have sulked after how Diaco treated him. He did not. I'm also in the school that says true Frosh quarterbacks only play if you are desperately desperate or they are Unquestionably future NFL guys. Even then it is highly dependent on what else you have.

Reaction Score
If I were a betting man I would say Pindell is the favorite because it seems this staff went out of their way to get him. but Sherriffs is close. To me he seems like the type of guy Edsall would like in the way he plays and is clearly a team first guy. Lots of people would have sulked after how Diaco treated him. He did not. I'm also in the school that says true Frosh quarterbacks only play if you are desperately desperate or they are Unquestionably future NFL guys. Even then it is highly dependent on what else you have.
Agree here. They saw something in Pindell.

Reaction Score
Agree here. They saw something in Pindell.
I think he's the one guy we have who can adapt to our offensive line issues and the band aides the coaches will try, and still throw the ball with accuracy, evade the pass rush, scramble. His ability to run with the ball is well known, but the coaches won't want him taking hard hits ten times a game. I'm sure the coaches will be on the refs if there is the slightest bit of UR.

Reaction Score
I understand the excitement regarding Pindell, but ill wait until i see him before making a judgement. Obviously its an open competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom