UCONN's remaining schedule... predict the # of losses... | The Boneyard

UCONN's remaining schedule... predict the # of losses...

Including the AAC tourney (but not the NCAA's), how many losses do you predict?

Votes: 82 73.9%

Votes: 26 23.4%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • More than 2

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Including the AAC tourney...but not the NCAA's...what do you think? No losses? 1, 2, or more losses?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The only competitive game left is against South Carolina, and that might be a runaway Huskie victory.

Most practices will be more competitive/challenging than 80% of the games left on the schedule.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The eternal optimist in me says we run the table, but do we really sweep USF again? AND South Carolina-is this a W for UConn? Even at home?

If the answers are yes, the fabled winning streak becomes unfathomably long.

Reaction Score
I put 1 (SC) as a loss. I hope not but I do think it will be a major challenge to deal with 2 high quality bigs especially if Davis or Gray hit from the outside....while Baylor was big, their bigs are not so skilled as they are still young players (soph.)

Reaction Score
I went with 0 cuz I think that's most likely. But I'm not sure I'd mind one loss along the way to take the pressure off heading into the tournament.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the year, due to the uncertainty of this Connecticut team I had them losing to Notre Dame (wrong and glad I was) and possibly Souh Carolina (don't think that way now). I believe that this will be an undefeated season. "The Streak lives on".

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
At this point, there are only 2 games that could be loses - SC and USF.

USF - last game of the regular season on their court. USF has played us tough since thy entered the league. They are well coached with an international flavor. I beleive we win it.

SC - our most difficult game left. Wilson and Coates are problematic. Coates has a tendancy to disappear in big games. Guard play for SC is still suspect and their 3 point shooting is not good. The game is at Gampel - a definite plus for us. if the house is packed, Gampel is noisy as heck. Visitors do not like playing at Gampel. We do! We prevail.

So the streak will live on! Unbelievable!

Reaction Score
I went with 0 cuz I think that's most likely. But I'm not sure I'd mind one loss along the way to take the pressure off heading into the tournament.
I disagree that a loss will take the pressure off these kids. I don't think they feel any pressure - they have such trust and belief in each other that they are just having fun playing one game at a time. When they get to the NCAA Tournament, the only thing they will have on their minds is winning the last game. After that, they will remember that a winning streak is going on.

Reaction Score
I'm more than curious. I want to know where you live and where you work and the names of your closest relatives and where they live. ;)
I see you are a MADE MAN!!! God Father! Please no flowers or kisses!!

Reaction Score
I disagree that a loss will take the pressure off these kids. I don't
I think they feel any pressure - they have such trust and belief in each other that they are just having fun playing one game at a time. When they get to the NCAA Tournament, the only thing they will have on their minds is winning the last game. After that, they will remember that a winning streak is going on.
I seriously disagree---A loss will put more pressure on the kids. The practices will be more intense (because obviously they missed some defensive stops). Winning isn't about putting more pressure--how many times have YOU won and celebrated--or How many times have you lost a big one and gone into a funk???
This is Media BS-that Winning is BAD--Uconn Winning is GOOD--NOT BAD---repeat that 1000 times for penance !!
This is almost akin to UConn Women Wins are bad for Women's Basketball!! Plain and simple BS.. Thats why arena's are sold out when Uconn comes to town!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm just not sure a loss DOES indeed take the pressure off the kids. How does it do that? The goal is to win the NC. That means they can't lose in a 6 game stretch. Yes people will be talking about the "streak", but don't you think these kids have been tested? FSU almost beat us. Even tho we beat Baylor by 10+, every quarter was hotly contested. We had foul trouble vs. Maryland and had they were on the comeback trail - had the game gone 5 more minutes, it's likely we would have lost. How is that not testing the team? How is the pressure of winning the NC less than the "streak"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom