UConn's new sports reporter Erika Wachter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's new sports reporter Erika Wachter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She's hot but..... can she get us the good info? No fluff interview questions like "how do the players feel in their new uniforms?" She needs to be asking Diaco questions like "what types of blitzing schemes will be most effective against BYU's offense?" "How will UConn exploit BYU's defensive interior?" "Who has the lead so far at being that second defensive tackle in a 4-3?"

Can't just stand around getting hit in the ass with a soccer ball. She should have turned around and gave that thing a boot across the field. That would have been impressive especially if she drove it into the net.

You know that she is employed by the university right?

Reaction Score
Seriously, did Emily get hired by the World Wide Leader? She was clearly talented, and headed for bigger and better things.

Reactions: THC

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
"No fluff interview questions like "how do the players feel in their new uniforms?" "

Well..that rules out freescooter for the job...

Reaction Score
She's hot but..... can she get us the good info? No fluff interview questions like "how do the players feel in their new uniforms?" She needs to be asking Diaco questions like "what types of blitzing schemes will be most effective against BYU's offense?" "How will UConn exploit BYU's defensive interior?" "Who has the lead so far at being that second defensive tackle in a 4-3?"

Can't just stand around getting hit in the ass with a soccer ball. She should have turned around and gave that thing a boot across the field. That would have been impressive especially if she drove it into the net.

And yeah let's have her ask Diaco what exactly is his game plan for BYU. Sometimes the BY can be a painful read.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
A pretty impressive resume for a recent college grad, regardless where she went. Welcome Erika!
I went to ‘Cuse. (Don’t worry, my brother goes to UCONN)
I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Syracuse University in 2012, with a degree in broadcast journalism, marketing and psychology. I played on the Syracuse Field Hockey team, where I won three Big East Championships and participated in a Final Four. I was also a four-year member of the NFHCA All Academic Squad. Competing in college athletics was an incredible experience! I was able to travel all over the world, including Argentina, to compete against and alongside some of the world’s top players. Being involved in collegiate athletics, I have a very unique perspective into sports media; I was on both sides of it, so I have a unique viewpoint as I begin my reporting career. Upon graduating college, I delved into the world of news producing, and also worked as a production assistant at ESPN. Both experiences taught me a great deal and have led me to where I am today. Winning the contest to be the next SportzEdge on the Scene host was a dream come true!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just by looking at her I can tell she has a brilliant football mind...(don't care where she graduated from...)

Need a head to toe shot to be sure of that.

Can't believe we hired a 'cuse grad. Wasn't there a Husky who could fill this position?

Where is Emily going?

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Need a head to toe shot to be sure of that. Can't believe we hired a 'cuse grad. Wasn't there a Husky who could fill this position? Where is Emily going?

Can't believe one of you degenerates isn't stalking her. ;)

Reaction Score
You do realize, before my post, that 20.5% of the posts in this thread were yours? lol Now 20%!

The fact that you went through the trouble to figure that out is creepy in and of itself.

Reaction Score
And yeah let's have her ask Diaco what exactly is his game plan for BYU. Sometimes the BY can be a painful read.

Yeah your right. Maybe she should keep it to the simpleton, generic questioning like "How can you turn this season around coach?" "What's it gonna take to win the next one coach?" "How's it feel to be a first year head coach?" It'd be nice to hear more about the X's and O's and less about how everybody feels for a change. But I keep forgetting I'm in the land of skirts. What happened to this state?

Reaction Score
1017026_632033436865272_2311330293486397852_n.jpg

You can tell it is a slow day in the Boneyard when we have 44 posts and counting dedicated to a pretty blonde.

Last edited:

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
View attachment 6552

You can tell it is a slow day in the Boneyard when we have 44 posts and counting dedicated to a pretty blonde.
I am a very happily married, family man (almost 30 yrs) but Ms. Erika is simply a stunning young woman, and very smart and accomplished as well, as noted earlier in this thread. Very similar to my own daughter. So I won't go any further than that; that's a daughter-dad thing for those who can appreciate that. Anyway, very happy to have Erika representing the Huskies!

Reaction Score
yeah, well before we go off on a bender here, we need to see how she handles the outfits.

Really??? She doesn't have to wear ANY outfits and I'm fine with it.......

Reaction Score
Yeah your right. Maybe she should keep it to the simpleton, generic questioning like "How can you turn this season around coach?" "What's it gonna take to win the next one coach?" "How's it feel to be a first year head coach?" It'd be nice to hear more about the X's and O's and less about how everybody feels for a change. But I keep forgetting I'm in the land of skirts. What happened to this state?

You're an idiot.

Her role at UConn is not as a journalist. She's public relations. There's a difference.

Reaction Score
Where did anyone actually hear she is replacing Noonan? Looks like she is an employee of Channel 8 not UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom