UConn's Dynasty is Over! Over, he says! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's Dynasty is Over! Over, he says!

Reaction Score
TASS + Shea & Svet
Yeah I was gonna say wasn't that the team that had the #1, 2, 4, and 6 WNBA picks? I know they didn't get the top three like Stewie, Mo, and Tuck, but thought it was something crazy like 4 of the top 6.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-31_10-18-4.png

"We were misunderestimated."

Reaction Score
Yeah I was gonna say wasn't that the team that had the #1, 2, 4, and 6 WNBA picks? I know they didn't get the top three like Stewie, Mo, and Tuck, but thought it was something crazy like 4 of the top 6.
Those future pics were on the 2000 team, but it was after the 2001-02 season when they were the 1, 2, 4 & 6 pics (plus thew other 01-02 starter was Taurasi, who also ended up being a #1)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I snicker when I read that. People underestimate Geno and the program. Since that article was written, the following have happened:

Geno took the Olympic team to a historic gold medal in record-setting fashion.

Azura Stevens AND Batouly Camara transferred to UConn.

Megan Walker AND Charli Collier committed to play at UConn.

Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, and Saniya Chong ALL improved, some far more than expected in a short period of time.

The Huskies dominance looks as if it will continue for a while. There will be few, if any, losses over the next 3 years and maybe the same number over the following 3 years. As Tony would say, the future is bright.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually we've already won a championship without a transcendent talent... if you're only counting Taurasi, Moore or Stewart... none of them were on the 1995 championship team.

Oops :) I missed "in a while"... my bad :) you are correct :)
Lobo and Walters were all americans, right? Lobo, Walters and Renzzotti were all olympians. I think all three are in the WBBHOF (or was Kara just nominated this year maybe?) I guess it depends how you define transcendent.

Reaction Score
Lobo and Walters were all americans, right? Lobo, Walters and Renzzotti were all olympians. I think all three are in the WBBHOF (or was Kara just nominated this year maybe?) I guess it depends how you define transcendent.
I didn't define anything... I was responding to the other poster who only mentioned Taurasi, Moore and Stewie as transcendent!!!! So that poster did the defining and my statement was based on his statement... so please address him and not me... thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom