UConn's best three point shooters | The Boneyard

UConn's best three point shooters

Reaction Score
The numbers say UConn's best three point shooters on the season are Akok and Jackson. Not sure that's who most people had leading the team in three point percentage heading into the season.

Reaction Score
Well, Jackson always has wide open looks. Just saying..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The numbers say UConn's best three point shooters on the season are Akok and Jackson. Not sure that's who most people had leading the team in three point percentage heading into the season.
What numbers are you looking at? Akok and Martin the only ones >40%

1639876427318.png

Reaction Score
Akok and Jackson only took 13 each before this game. Too small a sample. Cole (64) Polley (60) Gaffney (28) Hawkins (26) are the shooters.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Akok and Jackson only took 13 each before this game. Too small a sample. Cole (64) Polley (60) Gaffney (28) Hawkins (26) are the shooters.
More like "hoisters" except for Hawkins.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Akok is 57% on the season. Jackson is 40%. Martin is 38%.
As of 5 hours ago. Jackson goes 2-2, Akok 0-1, Martin 1-5 and because of this one game, suddenly Jax is the guy?

If you're saying he should take more, sure. Everybody but Polley (29.9%) should take more it seems. Let's see if he can keep it up, but the perimeter is not ideally where I'd want him and his rebounding.

Reaction Score
35% ranks us #125
Do middle of the pack. Being that was not going to be a strength. That seems good. How high were our better teams ranked in the past? For fun, where was 90,94,96,99,00,02,04,06,09,11,14,16 and 20?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m most confident when Martin shoots. I can’t put my finger on it but there’s something in Cole’s pre-shot that I can tell if it’s going in or not. Might be his feet

Reaction Score
We're a bad shooting team with lots of players with bad shooting percentages

Reaction Score
We have 3-point shooters who consistently and reliably make them? I did not know that from watching the games....

Reaction Score
As of 5 hours ago. Jackson goes 2-2, Akok 0-1, Martin 1-5 and because of this one game, suddenly Jax is the guy?

If you're saying he should take more, sure. Everybody but Polley (29.9%) should take more it seems. Let's see if he can keep it up, but the perimeter is not ideally where I'd want him and his rebounding.
I'm not saying anything other than Akok and Jackson are our two highest percentage three point shooters for the season.

Reaction Score
Not Hurley’s fault. Somehow with this atrocious shooting we could still have won every game. That’s the silver lining. Even when we play like crap we can still win and he has to get credit for that.

Reaction Score
Not Hurley’s fault. Somehow with this atrocious shooting we could still have won every game. That’s the silver lining. Even when we play like crap we can still win and he has to get credit for that.
He recruits them, he teaches them, he prepares them, and he directs them…. But not his fault?

Reaction Score
He recruits them, he teaches them, he prepares them, and he directs them…. But not his fault?
Yeah it’s a video game where if the player misses it’s the gamers fault…he also didn’t recruit polley initially. Some players also just don’t live up to expectations it happens.

Reaction Score
On the other hand we go through long stretches without scoring almost every game. This doesn't bode well for making a run in any tournament. I'm not giving up hope but I would play Akok more and figure out ways to get him involved in the offense. I would play Diggins and see if he can run our team. If he can't handle it then go to Gaffney. I feel Coach Hurley lets too many minutes go by expecting Polley and Gaffney to have that blind squirrel finding the acorn game. I believe he's given them enough rope without results.

Reaction Score
On the other hand we go through long stretches without scoring almost every game. This doesn't bode well for making a run in any tournament. I'm not giving up hope but I would play Akok more and figure out ways to get him involved in the offense. I would play Diggins and see if he can run our team. If he can't handle it then go to Gaffney. I feel Coach Hurley lets too many minutes go by expecting Polley and Gaffney to have that blind squirrel finding the acorn game. I believe he's given them enough rope without results.
Agreed. There’s a balance to be struck here. Ultimately we’re talking about another field goal or two in each of the 3 Ls. posters are acting like Hurley is clueless but We are missing way too many open spots as well.

A combination of calling one more good scoring play from Hurley plus one more made open jumper from a player and we coulda beaten msu, wva, and pc. these are marginal improvements we can make.

Reaction Score
Agreed. There’s a balance to be struck here. Ultimately we’re talking about another field goal or two in each of the 3 Ls. posters are acting like Hurley is clueless but We are missing way too many open spots as well.

A combination of calling one more good scoring play from Hurley plus one more made open jumper from a player and we coulda beaten msu, wva, and pc. these are marginal improvements we can make.
Yes, but the shooter MUST make the shot(s)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom