UConn | The Boneyard

UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A power in Basketball, whats the most popular sport in the world? soccer. UConn mens soccer has what 19-20 Big east championships? doesnt even have the support the football program does. My quesion would you go to a restaurant where the food sucks and makes you sick over and over again? NO! You want to see my money get me some real food... dang it!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hugh? uconn soccer has the best fan support in the ncaa.

football
mbball
wbball
baseball
puck
lax/soccer/golf/others in the ncaa world....

Reaction Score
hugh? uconn soccer has the best fan support in the ncaa.

You forget ND was in the BE. no way you going tell me, UConn has better fan support then them or the NC schools.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You forget ND was in the BE. no way you going tell me, UConn has better fan support then them or the NC schools.

get some attendance #'s. if im wrong then so be it, prove me so. at worst we are a top 5 program soccer wise when it comes to fans.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
get some attendance #'s. if im wrong then so be it, prove me so. at worst we are a top 5 program soccer wise when it comes to fans.

You are absolutely NOT wrong, my friend! Here is a list from 2010 (I couldn't find one from 2011 or 2012). Take note of where UConn is (#3) and then look at ND (#35). Morrone Stadium ALWAYS has a good turnout....

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_soccer_RB/2011/attend.pdf

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You are absolutely NOT wrong, my friend! Here is a list from 2010 (I couldn't find one from 2011 or 2012). Take note of where UConn is (#3) and then look at ND (#35). Morrone Stadium ALWAYS has a good turnout....

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_soccer_RB/2011/attend.pdf[/quote]

thank you. am im just thrilled that 2night this thread just poped up. our fball program is dying and we have ppl pissed becuase our soccer program doesn't fill a 40k stadium. bueatiful. see whats going on here warde. straight diarrheaof this fanbase.

Reaction Score
Hey why don't you get attendance #'s.. my guess is they average under 5k, again my guess.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
In fairness to Dante, we only average 3.5x more than ND, so.....it was close.... :confused:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey why don't you get attendance #'s.. my guess is they average under 5k, again my guess.

i have a extra pair of clown shoes in my closet, whats your adress? i'll over night them to you asap.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Your guess would be right that they average less than 5k, but there is only one school in the nation that does (Santa Barbara). The UConn men's soccer team averages the third highest in the nation at well over 3k, dwarfing ND which averages less than 1k (see link above)...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
My bad prove me wrong.. TY

I hope I didn't come off too strong. I love the soccer team, and I'm on record for having told the Boneyard that soccer is my favorite sport. Regardless of the sport, UConn is my favorite team....in everything!!!

Reaction Score
In fairness to Dante, we only average 3.5x more than ND, so.....it was close.... :confused:

LoL, screw you buddy. My whole point is we have a winning tradition in UConn.. even on sports that average that silly amount of attendance. I bet they would go on strike if they field a team that dint compete for a BE title.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Some of my best memories were playing pick-up soccer games in the mid 90s at UConn with the late Bobby Rhine (can't believe he died so young) and Maurizio Rocha, two players that went on to play in the MLS. Bobby Rhine had a VERY long career in the MLS for the Dallas Burn, and he died shortly after retiring from soccer.

Another great memory of mine was playing a pick-up soccer game with none other than Souleymane Wane from the basketball team!!! I you not. I crossed a ball in the air, which I thought I caught a little too much of. That man leaped in the air to what seemed to be a height of 15 feet and headed it down into the net!!! From that point on, I told myself that I would only play soccer with 7-foot centers... (6'11", my !!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Rhine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurizio_Rocha

http://www.uconnhooplegends.com/menslegends/WaneSouleymane.html

Reaction Score
Morrone only holds 5100 so the have to basically sell out every home game to average over 5k. They don't but that being said the numbers don't lie. We're consistently one of the largest attendance drawing soccer teams and have been for well over a decade.

Reaction Score
Morrone only holds 5100 so the have to basically sell out every home game to average over 5k. They don't but that being said the numbers don't lie. We're consistently one of the largest attendance drawing soccer teams and have been for well over a decade.

I get soccer is not very popular in USA, college is more competitive then the UNCAF and the carribean major leagues. my question is why can't they field a dominant team.

Reaction Score
I get soccer is not very popular in USA, college is more competitive then the UNCAF and the carribean major leagues. my question is why can't they field a dominant team.
You're sounding an awful lot like our old nemesis Chip. UConn has fielded competative soccer teams since at least the '70s. UConn & Brown annualy battled for the New England NCAA berth. The Men's teams have won at least 2 NCAA Championships in the last 30 years. They're usually in the hunt for the Big East Championship. Where are you coming from?

Reaction Score
You're sounding an awful lot like our old nemesis Chip. UConn has fielded competative soccer teams since at least the '70s. UConn & Brown annualy battled for the New England NCAA berth. The Men's teams have won at least 2 NCAA Championships in the last 30 years. They're usually in the hunt for the Big East Championship. Where are you coming from?

I meant USA can't field a dominant team so much talent across.. I know UConn is always in the hunt for a title.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I meant USA can't field a dominant team so much talent across.. I know UConn is always in the hunt for a title.

American athletes never saw the opportunity for European paydays. Slowly changing, I won't live long enough to see it but the US will be a power internationally now that the lid is off getting paid.

I'm 38. I might live long enough to see MLS pass the NHL in popularity.

Reaction Score
American athletes never saw the opportunity for European paydays. Slowly changing, I won't live long enough to see it but the US will be a power internationally now that the lid is off getting paid.

I'm 38. I might live long enough to see MLS pass the NHL in popularity.

I'm sorry -- to see MLS pass what?

Reaction Score
We should cancel football and play futbol at The Rent on Friday, that'll really throw PP for a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom